What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Data East Star Wars Groundng Braid in Backbox?

Andy B

Site Supporter
Anyone know where this piece of grounding braid is supposed to be attached to in Data East Star Wars?

The piece that’s attached to the back plate on the right hand side and is hanging loose?

Didn’t take a photo when stripping down and now fitting new braid.

Cheers

Andy

The question sounds like it's meant to have a photo connected to it but it doesn't.

I'm not sure if Star Wars is the same design as my Rocky & Bullwinkle but if so there should be a rotolock mechism which has sections in both the main cabinet and in the head. The backplane on which the PCB's are mounted should have a small segment of braid running from it's bottom down to the top half of the rotolock.

Then, the bottom half of the rotolock should be wired into the rest of the braid. The idea is that when the rotolock is engaged it completes the earthing circuit.

Let me know if that helps at all. If not then I might be able to dig out some photos that show how it goes on my R&B.

The question sounds like it's meant to have a photo connected to it but it doesn't.

I'm not sure if Star Wars is the same design as my Rocky & Bullwinkle but if so there should be a rotolock mechism which has sections in both the main cabinet and in the head. The backplane on which the PCB's are mounted should have a small segment of braid running from it's bottom down to the top half of the rotolock.

Then, the bottom half of the rotolock should be wired into the rest of the braid. The idea is that when the rotolock is engaged it completes the earthing circuit.

Let me know if that helps at all. If not then I might be able to dig out some photos that show how it goes on my R&B.
Thanks - I suppose a photo would have helped - doh!

See below. Bottom right. Just hanging loose

Back
Top Bottom