What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Data East Secret Service 7 Digit Numeric display wantedy

Davy100

Registered
Alias
Davy
Hi Guys my Name's Davy and I am new to the forum, and would really appreciate any help to pick up a lower right 7 Digit Numeric display. If anyone may have replaced complete display and has old unit where one of these displays were working.
Thank you
Davy

Hi thank you for reply, here is photo of board, it's the lower right display.
Thanks
Davy

Ok Davy 2 questions.
Are you sure it’s the display and not a component on the display board itself as no digits are lit.
What are your soldering skills like.
Ken

Hi sorry it was not switched on, both top and lower left are working fine, the working displays have a small red light illuminated when on, but no light on display that's innop.
Thanks
Davy
Should I add photo of display working. ?

Sorry do you think it could be a dry joint. I had just thought it would be the screen.
Thanks

Yea realised the pics show an unswitched on machine. Doubtful it’s a dry joint but look by all means.
My reference to your soldering skills was I have 7 digit displays in Bally holders which you would have to destroy and unsolder the wires to solder into yours. But it’s a question of whether the display itself is at fault.

I could replace it, my friend is really good at repairs. Is it the same screen that Bally use. And if so please could you send me a photo and cost
Thank you
Davy

Last edited:
Did you ever get this fixed @Davy100
How long have you had the Secret service?
I'm a big fan of early data east games. Got myself a Laser war but Secret service is high on my wanted list

Back
Top Bottom