What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Data East longer legs at back ????? Tommy specifically

Sgt GrizZ

Registered
Ex PinballInfo Admin . MIA Brighton Hove beach
Alias
Ive
OK - there is a discussion going on over on Pinside. Seems some guys reckon Tommy , possibly other DE games, came from factory with longer legs for the back ?? :hmm:

I was always sure 90s DE games just have regular 4 x 28 1/2 legs.

My Tommy ones are all same length. The TFTC I had was same I'm sure.

Anyone know ?? I think they are talking bobbins :D

jesus, what have i done, joining this nerd community.
last post as bad as this was a discussion of whether wrapping film was better in 17, 20, or 22 micron. also by GrizZ i think.

Tftc definitely has different length legs, when I went to pick my one up the seller' put them on the wrong way, the ball was nearly rolling up the table.:rofl:

I think they're right. Although my TFTC manual only lists 1 part #535-5020-30 there's not enough rake, barely 6 degrees. Even with the rear feet wound all the way down and the fronts all the way up. So I'd say Dobbins, not Bobbins. It's a later production model too so if it was revised maybe at was realised or fixed with longer legs for Ops later?

Also 17 Microns with a +/- tollerance of 0.002.

Now i think about it I have had to crank Tommy's back feet up to the highest possible to get it to play well on a waxed pf so maybe there is some truth to it after all!

The leg length changed at GNR to the 31" as they moved the position of the holes in the cabinet to save any adjustment needed on the levellers. Prior to this it was 28.5". Saying that I've put 31" legs on the back of my Royal Rumble as it saves raising the back feet up as @J.C.Rox said and with the 28.5" legs the centre ramp return can flow a little slow or the ball drops off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I have set up and broken down a load of DE games over the years at various meets and shows. NEVER once had to check we had longer legs for the back.

Someone has suggested that the cab holes at the back may have been drilled ( unintentionally ? ) at a different height ....... on some runs of cabs, thus causing issues. Seems odd this wouldn't have been picked up on though.

Who knows. Going from manuals, and personal experience, the legs are all supposed to be the same length in my opinion.

My TFTC has different legs front and back (the rib design is different lengths front/ back) but not sure about the overall leg lengths

Back
Top Bottom