What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gone to Ebay Data East HOOK (the return of....) - £950

Pick Holder

Site Supporter
Grabbed this today off Mr Palmer, got it home and decided that I couldnt really be ****d in restoring another pinball. I have other work to do including 2 jukeboxes and a load of guitar amplifiers I have to restore.

Decided to pass this on for the same price as what I paid (yes - I did pay the full price as Phil Palmer had already made a loss on it)

Here is his post:

Just to add some information. A couple of coils are either stuck on or not firing (coils could be damaged!). So you will have to change a couple of TIP122s or TIP36s.

Please read original post as well in case I have missed anything. Basically as I got it from Mr Palmer.

Knocker coil is missing.

No offers under asking price.

Collection from B30 near Cadbury world in Birmingham.

A nice project for someone.

IMG_8606.jpg
IMG_8607.jpg
IMG_8608.jpg
IMG_8609.jpg
IMG_8610.jpg
IMG_8611.jpg
IMG_8612.jpg
IMG_8613.jpg
IMG_8614.jpg

Hook... I've had 2 of them... it's not really a great game... The last one I had nearly killed me with the restoration, and most certainly destroyed my soul...

And yet I feel a burning urge to buy another one. May the gods of pinball tell me why? Why oh why must I be tortured?

Because that jackpot reward music may possibly be one of the finest 45 seconds of synth ever composed for BSMT!

Right
Update:

The game now plays.
Put in a couple of leds and it looks so much better.
All coils function.
A couple of flasher circuits just need sorting out now as transistors have failed.

Not going to go any further without putting up the price and eBaying it!

So if someone wants it. Get in touch.

Had someone contact me by dm but they need to bell me back.

Martin collection is not an issue. But sooner rather than later.

Well, bank holiday monday will be Hook strip down day.
So I have already listed it on ebay.
Kept it open for a couple of group members who have not viewed or got back in contact.

Back
Top Bottom