What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! Data east black beast coil wanted

RudeDogg1

Registered
Does anyone have black beast 090-5022-00 23-700 or equivalent knocking about they want shot of please?

Last edited:
23-800 is less "powerful" than 23-700, as more turns of same gauge wire, so more resistance, so less current drawn.

They might supposed to be 23-800 per the manual.

Did Black Beast coils come standard in Data East games? I have these coils in my DESW. I read a post on another forum about them being very aggressive coils and can be harmful to your game? (prone to breaking plastics / targets etc) I’d never heard of them as I’ve never owned a DE game until recently. What’s the history with ‘Black Beast’?

I don’t think so most the coils are the same ones
Interesting, 23-800 is common and the POTO manual cites it for nearly all of the mech coils. The manual could be wrong, or your machine fitted with different at/after the factory for some reason like the production line ran out of the correct ones on the day!

Did Black Beast coils come standard in Data East games?
I'd say so, my Hook is full of them and my box of Checkpoint spares too. Dunno why they'd be thought of more aggressive though if the correct one is fitted.

As the sling mechs seem to be missing from the online manual. I did abit of digging and a couple us suppliers that sell the complete mech are using 23-800 so I should be ok to just use one of my spares then

Interesting, 23-800 is common and the POTO manual cites it for nearly all of the mech coils. The manual could be wrong, or your machine fitted with different at/after the factory for some reason like the production line ran out of the correct ones on the day!

I'd say so, my Hook is full of them and my box of Checkpoint spares too. Dunno why they'd be thought of more aggressive though if the correct one is fitted.

More than likely operator switches I may change the other sling to 23-800 so they match

Back
Top Bottom