What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Data east Batman help.

daniel campbell

Registered
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a bit of help on my data east batman pin.

Issue 1. The extra ball light is constantly flashing, and when I hit the Hole, it just activates the bat tv. Pretty sure it's not meant to be flashing all the time.

Issue 2. I upgraded my roms the other week, but didn't notice this issue until now. When I shoot the skill shot, one of the bat signs will light up which is normal. When I hit the flipper, it lights up the next lane and cancels the other one out. This also happens on the joker ramp top lights, when active. It's like I can choose which one I want active.

I've reseated all the ribbon cables and EPROMs, not sure what's up.

Please help.

Thanks Dan

Just a thought to help t/shoot does Adjust 41 - Outlane Toggle alter the behaviour of Issue 2. I had a similar problem on Hook (similar gubbins underneath) which turned out to be a problem on the flipper PCB. Another symptom was that the Audit options were scrolling through on their own without pressing the flipper buttons.

Also scour videos of gameplay to see if other machines work similar and check out any documentation that may exist for changes in your ROM updates.

Good luck, I love this genre of Batman.

Hey Astyy,

Yea, I've been checking other videos of gameplay and it does look like the skill shot lanes do change when you hit the flipper. The extra ball light being on all the time is not standard, so il have to look and see what I can find. Not that it bothers me too much.

Just In case you are interested, there is a data east batman on eBay and the playfield looks to be in mint condition! Very rare to find one like that.

They are all standard bulbs under the playfield.

Also the lite bat TV does not light up in attract mode but it does in game. I have seen that it should light in attract mode.

It's a strange one

Right all,

So, it appeared that when I was cleaning the bulbs and sockets underneath the playfield, I had put the flasher for bat tv, in the location of extra ball..... School boy stuff! Switch them back and it's all fine!

Sorry to have wasted your time guys

Back
Top Bottom