What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available Dark Pools

DevilzAvocado

Registered
I think the saddest thing about pinball prices having gone bonkers over the last couple of years is that sales don't happen here any more (ok Neil, some do), but happen on the q.t. between members who know each other well. It's not a criticism, it's inevitable when prices get embarrassing. I don't feel I can sell mine because I am embarrassed by how much I would feel I have to ask. The machines are moving, but behind the scenes. It's sad. The market on here was so vibrant and such fun. I don't see it coming back for quite some time. T'was fun.

You are right that a lot of games change hands between good mates on here (which is fair play I think unless you've a prior agreement with someone), I have to disagree where you say no sales happen on here anymore; a few months ago I got an acdc from a for sale ad here, I also sold that machine on here. The buyer had sold his machine on here etc etc.

Machines do come up on here, but I think it's slowed down a bit of late and most are looking to do trades so that they don't end up pinless:) (which is where I am now..sad face..)

If you are thinking of selling something and aren't sure what price you should put, maybe ask in the "how much is this table worth?" thread, however it's up to you how much you want for a pin; people on the forum can only go by recent sold prices.

That was the ok Neil bit.

Ok Neil and Den.

It is very different these days, jeez. I didn't want to bore everyone with something long and rambling about every element of the current market on here and changes over time. I was just saying what I was saying. Terribly sorry.

To be absolutely clear: machines are still for sale on here. Enjoy.

That was fun and totally necessary.

Off the top off my head, the following have sold on here over the past few months;

Scared Stiff
Walking dead pro (missed out on that one:-(
Judge dread - bargain
Ac dc premium
Ghostbusters Pro
SWE:1+RFM pf kit

Hmm.... although that's only the ones that caught my eye, looking at it like that, that's not an awful lot!....

That was the ok Neil bit.

Ok Neil and Den.

It is very different these days, jeez. I didn't want to bore everyone with something long and rambling about every element of the current market on here and changes over time. I was just saying what I was saying. Terribly sorry.

To be absolutely clear: machines are still for sale on here. Enjoy.

That was fun and totally necessary.
If it's a Metallica Premium you are embarrassed to list, then I apologise for upsetting you.. please send pics etc...

In all seriousness, and after listing out the relatively small number of pins which I could remember, it has slowed down more than i realised, and I share your frustration. I mean, ffs; this evening I resorted to playing pinball arcade on my ps5:)

I keep seeing the word bargain used but tbh it’s hard if you have been in it 10 years , this forum had 5 games a day listed most for 1500 quid most mid 90/ Bally Williams now these games are 4-5k so to me that’s not really a bargain, plus just because it has balls kegs and a playfield that don’t always add up to a good 4K game :) I want another pin but I just don’t see it anymore value wise

What prompted this thread? Did I miss something?

There's been a lot of pins for sale on here, some unsold!

Do you go to any pinball comps or meet ups? In any hobby or job networking is key.
You get to know people, they mention games, you say "if you move that on, keep me in mind", is that a bad thing? Wouldn't you accept that?

Or would you say "No don't offer it to me, put it on the forum so it's fair and I'll just have to be quick" ?

I've not heard anyone say they are too embarrassed by the price of a machine to list it on the forum. There's lots of reasons why sales are slowing a little on here and I don't think it's simply because sales are off the forum (I'm sure that's ALWAYS happened).

If you have a game to sell, list it - if it's priced too high, it won't sell.

If you just want to complain about prices and "secret handshakes", isn't that why Vee made the "official moaning about prices thread"?

I've not heard anyone say they are too embarrassed by the price of a machine to list it on the forum.
It's a fact that many people have been put off selling on here due to the comments on their for sale ads not being to their taste... (And to be fair, there have been rather rude occasions.) As you say, there's an official moaning thread - and a plethora of unofficial ones too, might I add!

Not a fan?
It's a great game but frustratingly hard imho - if I ever get really good at pinball I'd want one again :D Are you a fan of the band?

Not a fan?
I had a NIB premium bought without playing on the back of the hype on here.
Probably too hard and frustrating for my skills, but also the Newton ball issues done my tits in as no matter what I tried I couldn’t resolve it.
They say Elwin is the GOaT but I found both IMDN and JP a bit meh! And both left due to not being played.
That said I loved AIQ the short time I had on rental and I would have one in a heartbeat if space permitted.
As for GZ that is just the greater pin ever made

Tbh I think the hype is just too much nowerdays , I was so close to a cactus canyon order but decided to pick up a nice white water. Good job to said stilllllll be waiting for cc s and now the hype has gone I think I can live without it .

It's a fact that many people have been put off selling on here due to the comments on their for sale ads not being to their taste... (And to be fair, there have been rather rude occasions.)
Absolutely! I think that's a bigger factor over. Plus as David says, if a friend offers to buy it, why wouldn't you say yes? Quick, no hassle, and you know they are reliable and going to pay. Plus other factors like people not wanting to sell a game unless they know they can fill the space...

I bought my Getaway for £600 & my Funhouse for 450 euro, those days are sadly gone, makes it hard for me to buy a 3rd pin looking at the prices + its harder to convince the missus when theres jobs to do around the house.

You are right that a lot of games change hands between good mates on here (which is fair play I think unless you've a prior agreement with someone), I have to disagree where you say no sales happen on here anymore; a few months ago I got an acdc from a for sale ad here, I also sold that machine on here. The buyer had sold his machine on here etc etc.

Machines do come up on here, but I think it's slowed down a bit of late and most are looking to do trades so that they don't end up pinless:) (which is where I am now..sad face..)

If you are thinking of selling something and aren't sure what price you should put, maybe ask in the "how much is this table worth?" thread, however it's up to you how much you want for a pin; people on the forum can only go by recent sold prices.
There’s an awful lot of pins that never reach this forum that are traded in secret WhatsApp groups and local pinhead groups of buddy’s … it’s true this forum sadly isn’t what it was !

I have read through all this and I thought I would say I’m a relatively newbie to pinball and only started buying and collecting around 2 years ago and since then I have not struggled to find pins that I have wanted because I take the time to actively look for them and don’t expect them to just fall
Into my lap with anything in life you get out what you put in ….. 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

I have read through all this and I thought I would say I’m a relatively newbie to pinball and only started buying and collecting around 2 years ago and since then I have not struggled to find pins that I have wanted because I take the time to actively look for them and don’t expect them to just fall
Into my lap with anything in life you get out what you put in ….. 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️
Put as much effort in as you like … if your face don’t fit or you aren’t in a click you ain’t getting that pin

Ok so …… For example

I have bought pins from ….

2 on forum
2 off dealer
4 off Facebook
2 off eBay

I’m not in any secret sect or cluck. I have met people locally to me who own pins and a dealer but most of my stuff hasn’t involved these people weirdly it’s been much further afield

I have gained friends and that’s helped for advice but not helped finding them

And I have been prepared to drive all over to collect them …. What I’m trying to say is that ultimately it’s about taking the time to look and track them down ??? But I may be wrong maybe I’m missing a trick 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom