What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired Czech pins for sale

Expired Due to no activity
i think Gorf is about 10 x more complex than Boot Hill if i remember it. Boot Hill is just a cowboy moving up and down a vertical line and aiming his gun in a diagonal at the other cowboy. either two of you play it, or the computer does the other guy for you. then after you get shot, it plays a little tune and you turn into a tombstone. it was proper crap and i loved it. i'm gonna go find youtube of it now - and Gorf as well i expect

edit 1 here it is - wow 1977, i thought so. i originally wrote 'late 70s' in my post, but edited it as i thought it couldn't be right, but that fits my dates. i was about 8 or 9 so 1978 is about right. but wow, he didn't just go up and down, also left and right a bit :)

edit 2 and here's Gorf from 1981. i was wrong, it's not 10 x more complex, more like 100 x - there's dozens of moving objects and colour and cool sounds as well. ace!

Last edited:
Your right, that Boot Hill does look pretty basic. A part of me really wants a Gorf but then I think it'd just be taking up pinball space :D

If you were in the arcades of the early 80s, Gorf's "Insert Coin" was one of the most recognisable sounds

Ah that's what is was saying - I thought it was 'in-shuret ke-woin' in Gorfian. When you guys mention a machine I remember exactly which amusements and where the machine was, Bognor had at least 5 on/around the pier in the day.

gorf, great stuff, I remember going up to Carnaby Street and walking through soho and amongst other things that caught my eye as a 14 year old was a couple of arcades that had all the latest games for the chinese to play.
I went back to South London explaining to my freinds about Pheonix and how unlike the great space invaders the aliens moved and then one opened up into a huge pheonix wooooowwwwwwww
oh halcyon days

Folk queuing to play Atari's paperboy with those fantastic handlebar controls ...

image.jpg

anything before space invaders is for hard core video game collectors. golden age sort of runs from that to 1986 squeezing in games like outrun and gauntlet.

as time goes by and 90s kids get older there has been a surge in demand for classic 90s games like Mortal Kombat and Turtles. being big cabs not many left!

Back
Top Bottom