What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Currently playing?

Think I'll wait it out now for Black Friday Switch bundles - any combo of Mario Kart 8 (already have from release on Wii U), Zelda, Fifa 2019 will do. It seems to have a lot of good indie titles which I'm looking forward to.

Think I'll wait it out now for Black Friday Switch bundles - any combo of Mario Kart 8 (already have from release on Wii U), Zelda, Fifa 2019 will do. It seems to have a lot of good indie titles which I'm looking forward to.

There's LOADS of amazing games and indie games for the Switch. It's getting around 20-30 new titles each week on the store.

overcooked is hilarious but not recommended if your marriage isn’t water tight!!
One of ours! Glad to hear you're enjoying it :) I met a Chinese member of press at an event earlier this year who told me that over in China they've nicknamed it "Divorce Kitchen" :D

Bought a switch for my Xmas. Got the usual titles Zelda, Mario Kart and Mario Odyessey. Thinking about getting Octopath Traveller..
Octopath is really very good! I think there should still be a demo on the store. It's 3 hours long, and you can carry over your save data to the full game if you do get it.

One of ours! Glad to hear you're enjoying it :) I met a Chinese member of press at an event earlier this year who told me that over in China they've nicknamed it "Divorce Kitchen" :D

I love Overcooked! I've had the sequel since it came out but haven't really had time to get into it yet which is a shame, definitely on the list though. The original is the first game my other half routinely demanded we play, had a great time but it can certainly test the strength of a relationship.

In the spirit of the thread though, I haven't been playing much of anything recently. Put a few hours into Two Point Hospital which is great but other than that not much, very limited time to spend on games at the moment. Very excited for RDR2 though - I'm actually taking this Friday and next Monday off work to put some serious time in. Also planning on picking up Spider-Man and Super Mario Party to play over Christmas.

Last edited:
Gave StarFox on the WiiU a whirl last month. Horrible control system, but a really good game.

Love the Wii U. Says a lot when most of the Nintendo Switch library consists of re-released Wii U games :) I've also had a quick go on Star Fox recently, I was aware of the janky controls but didn't think they were quite as bad as everyone was making out.

When time allows, currently playing co-op with the missus on Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2 for the original (2002) Xbox. Find it hard to get excited about big new game releases these days, but I will be getting Diablo 3 on the Switch when it releases next month, and also looking forward to Darksiders 3 on PC.

also planning on picking up Spider-Man and Super Mario Party to play over Christmas.
Planning on doing the same with Spider-Man! Should make a good Christmas game, looks amazing from what I've seen of @Kelauce playing it and should be completable over the break.Hopefully might have finished Dragon Quest by then too!

Going to pick up Moonlighter when it releases on Switch next month. Been looking forward to it for a while, looks right up my street.

For me console wise

Super meat boy and typoman on switch

Mariocart deluxe 8 on switch with my daughter

Arcade wise, got a couple of pcbs to play in my cabs for a change. Super space invaders and the mk2 boardset I fixed last year plus the slap fight Pcb I fixed to. Might get a commando PCB to soon :)

Got Moonlighter now it's out on Switch! Cool idea and right up my street but I'm still getting to grips with selling items at the right price. Hopefully just got enough items and cash to get a bigger sword and a bow :)

Hitman 2. Unbeatable.

Except maybe by Red Dead Redemption 2, but I haven't actually played it myself yet, just watching my wife blast through it. I've pretty much lost use of that PS4 since someone recommended Yakuza 0 to her, she's been on it solid!

Best stick to this.....
Was playing Frogger last night with my 11 year old niece [emoji3] Absolute classic - appears simple but is tougher than you think. We worked our way through all the different Pac Man games too - Jr PacMan was her fave - she loves the old skool games, great to see.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Wizardry for me on my Apple II. I’ve given up on modern games that just want to extract huge amounts of cash for ****e gameplay value. From 1981!

1a9e750b6275fd516c614461b3766a90.png.jpg

With the occasional game of choplifter and loderunner.

dade598bce98eb1742eb78ef619b0d0c.jpg

09eb0c62dcb09907cb55967d7579ab12.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hey vid fans don't forget 15% discount on Ebay (code PRESENTS) including console and video game categories for today and tomorrow only:thumbs:

Happy Smash Bro's weekend - let the melee commence:cool:
I can't believe I'm buying 2002 Gamecube controllers in 2018:cuckoo:

20181209_134701.jpg

It's taken over a month but finally finished RDR2 story through to the end of the epilogue. What an utterly amazing game, you can see why it took so long to make!

Work wise we released My Time At Portia last week! I've nearly finished the very end game content and are over 100 hours into my own save of that!

Picked up Donut County on Switch over Xmas, as well as Pokémon Let's Go Eevee. Need to get them finished and Dragon Quest done as I fancy Tales of Vesperia - though I did complete it when it came out for 360 so unsure whether to replay or pick up some games I've not played before.

I've recently discovered the joys of solo boardgaming, which I didn't even know was even a thing until just before christmas, when a kickstarter ad caught my eye. Damn you adverts!

It was for an incredible looking game called tainted grail, which looks epic. I backed the project, which unfortunately only managed to raise £5 million of its £40,000 target. :oops:
But of course it's going to be a while before its produced, so I was looking around out of curiosity, at what else might be available in terms of solo board games, and it turns out there are a lot, that can be played solo. They are games which are cooperative if played by multiple players, so it's everyone against the game, not against each other.

So anyway, I've bought a few of the top rated games, the one I'm currently playing a lot of is called Gloomhaven. This game is unbelievably huge and complex, in a good way. It has over 1500 cards in the box. 17 characters, only 6 of which you're allowed to use until you find a way to unlock others, sealed envelopes that you're not allowed to open until told to do so, and so many other things.

No I'm not selling it :p I just wanted to try to give a taste of just how much depth there is to it. Just as an indication of just how much stuff you get, the box weighs in at 10 kg.

Well anyway, that took up large portions of my time for the last couple of weekends. :) I should go back to giving the others a try, but they're not getting a look in at the moment!gloom.jpg

+1 for Gloomhaven. I really enjoyed working on a bespoke filing system for all the pieces! My wife and I played a handful of missions but due to size and time constraints we had to sell it. Currently playing the Gears of War board game solo which is a bit more accessible and captures the mood of the game perfectly.

Video games wise: Into the Breach and Dead Cells on Switch are brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom