What's new

Creech holograms - anyone know anything?

cooldan

i like pizza
hey guys and gals.
i have a Creech that i bought cheap so it has a completely ****ed hologram that sort of 'shines' a dull black with the occasional blue pixel. some rascal on here sold me it, said it was a minter with all new old stock holo etc that you could eat your dinner off, and the greens were so green, they looked like a video for 'Jerusalem' made in The Shire by colourblind pilots.

so anyway, i need to buy a replacement hologram, or preferably that LCD screen mod i saw mentioned a year or two back, but nothing since. anyone know anything? anyone got one for sale? anyone wanna sell me their good hologram and take my really **** one as a part-ex?

The lcd screen mod was mikeD if i remember correctly. The version 1 was discontinued and he was in the process of a version 2 a few months back. Don't know how he got on with it as i lost interest and sold my cftbl.
It was all on pinside of course.

Edit:
Seems older than i thought. He's the thread for version 2.https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creature-lcd-mod-update-version-2/page/2

I did put abit of time into searching for a good source of holograms, but they're ridiculously hard to get hold of. They did do some repros at some point but they were silly money!

Check the lamp at the back of the cabinet. Mine brightened up heaps after i cleaned off the 20 years of dust. Even better the halogen lamp upgrade

Last edited:
I also have a creech which needs a hologram replacement and I'm looking at having something made. I've got an idea which may be better than a hologram and also a lot cheaper to produce. Basically I'm thinking about going with Lenticular 3D, like what they use to make 3D posters and DVD box covers.

Need a bit of help producing the image though.

The best man for producing lenticular 3D in this country is David Burder of 3D image London. (You may guess from my avatar I'm a 3D fan , and photographer and David is internationally famous in the field. Also a really nice guy.)

The best man for producing lenticular 3D in this country is David Burder of 3D image London. (You may guess from my avatar I'm a 3D fan , and photographer and David is internationally famous in the field. Also a really nice guy.)

He certainly looks like the man for the job!

Or just stick a toy inside instead
maxresdefault-1.jpg
good idea Darren, i think i'll do that in the meantime, if i can't see any difference after upgrading the halogen bulb and giving it all a good cleanup. where is the light source for that pic, is it your machine, can you take some pics underneath for me?

I have added a Pinball Dreams holo. It's not original, it is expensive, but I love it... I like the idea of the LCD mod but honestly for me the hologram is enough for the game.

Back
Top Bottom