What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Creature from the Dank Saloon **Finished** .. Full Pics!!

This looks stunning, I like the powder coating finish - I do not usually like green smooth powder coat so this looks amazing with the textured finish. Has to say it looks better than a CGC remake.

The ONLY thing I would suggest is proper stereo speakers and pinsound! The new versions of the sound are amazing. But hey - I am just picking here. I know some people do not like pinsound.....

Also where you have powder coated the 'solid' ramps - I really like that.

Fantastic work - I would rather own this than a NEW IN BOX game (not that one exists).

You have certainly set the bar very high on this one. You have gone further than 'original condition' restore - without going tacky.

Congratulations.

Now that I've sorted out the color dmd, and the fading inserts/gi, you would have to think that the pinsound is next on the cards, for sure. I've heard a few of the mixes on the vpin version and they are ace, hewing close to the 60s feel of the original. That being said, I still really love the 90s cheesiness of the miditune originals. They are of their time. I'll probably still pinsound it though cos why the f not ;)

Thanks very much for the very kind feedback, from you and everyone else. Very humbling and energising to read. Creech has always been a very important and pivotal game for me, even more so after everything that happened during the course of this restore, and it's wonderful to see the Gillman still generating so much enthusiasm. It's a stone cold classic.

What a amazing job ,well done sir , now what is the next machine you are going to do ;)

I think I'm going to squeeze in a vpin (it's been sitting around for ages waiting) but the next proper restore will most likely be Diner. It's at a mates house at the moment though so will have to work out a way to pry it out of his hands first.

I think I'm going to squeeze in a vpin (it's been sitting around for ages waiting) but the next proper restore will most likely be Diner. It's at a mates house at the moment though so will have to work out a way to pry it out of his hands first.
It's a sore note a Diner playfield for me , I put my name down years ago on there old mailing list so I missed out on one of the gold ones , think they offered me a bronze one but like a fool I turned it down , on a plus note I did buy a RFM with the money I would of spent on buying that playfield !

It's a sore note a Diner playfield for me , I put my name down years ago on there old mailing list so I missed out on one of the gold ones , think they offered me a bronze one but like a fool I turned it down , on a plus note I did buy a RFM with the money I would of spent on buying that playfield !

Mate - I think I may have picked up that bronze one you turned down. I checked the website randomly one day and there is was.

I suppose it would be in bad taste to describe how impressed I was with the quality... 😬

The playfield swap has just been started on mine. The playfield coming out is a really good candidate for restore as it's a diamond plate with minimal wear. The main problem with it is the Diner inserts need re-seating as they are slightly raised. Let me know if you are interested.
This is the CPR Silver going in:-
20200711_160721.jpg

Last edited:
I had the pleasure of getting to play this yesterday and it is even better in person. Absolutely amazing restoration. :clap::clap:

Amazing what can be restored. I would'nt know where to start! A fine looking machine.

Back
Top Bottom