What's new

CPR playfields

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2463

CPR are getting close to making meteor play fields (woohoo!). Just wondering if anyone had ever got a CPR playfield and done the swap?

Cheers,
Neil.

I did my Flash Gordon years ago and have got TAF and Fathom CPR playfields in boxes waiting to get done

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

My Fathom job looked a bit beyond me. @Matt Adams did mine.

He did a great job

Quality of pf varies. Dimples might be in the wrong place. Or no dimples at all. It is not a simple copy and paste exercise. It takes real skill to do this job

Yeah - done quite a few playfield swaps in my time. Worst one was capcom Pinball magic.

Older games are easier - not much on them.

It is also worth changing the main assemblies like flippers and VUK as well as switches whilst you are doing it. Otherwise its like buying a brand new car and putting old oil in it! :)

Did my Fathom some years ago, pretty straightforward but there were a few holes for guide rails missing that I had to drill. Just made templates from the old playfield. Got Xenon waiting in the wings to do.

The only playfield fitting-out I've done, on a FunHouse, used a CPR playfield. I was reluctant to take it on, but it went okay. Surprisingly well, in fact. Even doing the work on the owners' coffee table.

Meteor often suffered drag-marks where the tip of one or more flippers had dug into (or through) the paint. Maybe the cause was the flipper baseplate coming loose from the underside, as with Popeye, where unsuitable screws were used.

In my experience... Wh2o was reasonable.... however TAF was just mental... Hate to think the amount of work that i put into that!

thanks all. I will take a look at the playfield to check if all the points are there and see how hard it looks.

Neil.

Been waiting for Diner playfield now for I think 6 to 7 years now ,I pre ordered about 2 years ago and now it is at clear coating stage ,so I am guessing it may be ready at the end of this year hopefully ☺️
To me I think meteor maybe about 3 to 4 years away , hopefully it will be sooner !!

Been waiting for Diner playfield now for I think 6 to 7 years now ,I pre ordered about 2 years ago and now it is at clear coating stage ,so I am guessing it may be ready at the end of this year hopefully ☺
To me I think meteor maybe about 3 to 4 years away , hopefully it will be sooner !!

yeah one of the other folks on pinside said the same, oh well!

working on earthshaker swap with a CPR pf, is going ok surprisingly 95% of dimples are spot on! Just need to redrill a few holes. and pilot hole all the dimples.

Back
Top Bottom