What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

COVID 19 & Machine Selling/Trading

Aha - cheers - I guess that works (though I'm not sure what extra benefit the letter gives you over the id in that case, unless there are extra security measures on the letter)
I’m sure it could easily be abused where needed.
It’s not like it’s passport level security 😂

I suspect after Friday the lockdown will get worse and police will start doing checks if you have a van full of pinballs you ain’t going to get away with essential item I don’t think

Police stops and checks are happening in various county’s already.

This wretched Corona business throws up all manner of unprecedented issues. Most folk, including the authorities, are stumbling through the myriad of decisions prompted by it.

If you are skint and need cash, selling a pinball machine might become a necessity. Selling a 2k Dirty Harry is lower risk to society than working for 200 hours, ie 5 weeks, at around £10 an hour in a public facing role.

If you don't need the cash to balance your budget, selling that Dirty Harry can wait, IMHO.

I have a project pin with Martin at this very moment, if it turns up as he is doing a run, he has asked for a ground floor, clear access so he can just drop it and go. No social contact. The machine should then be left for 72 hours and wiped down with IPA IMO.

If it turns up, great, if it doesn't no worries. It is what it is hey. I agree with many above, should individuals be going around picking up pins, asking for help etc. No. Should a courrier that is their job and can be socially distanced continue to work, under current guidelines yes, but only if you can adhere to distancing and leave the unit for the virus to die. What of it?

Part of me thinks that really everything you buy carries a risk of infection now. A pinball machine is a big item but you're just as likely to catch it from an apple or a bottle of milk. There's no hard evidence that it dies after 72hrs. I read it had survived nearly a month on surfaces on a cruise ship after it was disembarked.

Does the cruise ship report imply that viruses survive up to 17 days on surfaces?

Dr Julia Marcus: A CDC investigation of the cruise ship found evidence of viral RNA in cabins that hadn’t yet been cleaned. But to be clear, that just means the virus was detectable – not that it was viable or that contact with those services would have been able to infect someone. (Editor’s note: RNA, or ribonucleic acid, carries the virus’s genetic information.)

Dr Akiko Iwasaki: It just means that there are parts of the virus that still remain. The virus needs many other components to be intact. If you have bits and pieces of RNA, that’s not going to make a virus, you need an entire intact genome. Just because you had a little piece of RNA doesn’t mean that there’s an infection.

^^^^yep, got fruit and veg delivered, Mrs washed them with water. I was munching my way through them.....as I do 😃then was reading how alcohol, detergent and agitation is what breaks down the virus 🦠 cell structures to make them harmless. Fcuk - so much for running the fruit under the tap 😬

Yes soap - doesn't have to be antibacterial, breaks down the lipid viral membrane making it unviable thereafter. So go grab some of that weird pink soap your nan used to have with the logo on it... it's good!

1585344168928.png

I feel like I'm beginning to lose my mind over it 😂 Caught my wife popping the bubble packaging from an Amazon delivery.... apparently that's a really bad thing to do as it sends the virus airborne straight in your face. We're all doomed.

I feel like I'm beginning to lose my mind over it 😂 Caught my wife popping the bubble packaging from an Amazon delivery.... apparently that's a really bad think to do as it sends the virus airborne straight in your face. We're all doomed.

You could drive yourself mad thinking about it.

Anyone heard from Borris or Matt?

So the Chief Medical Officer now showing symptoms of Covid-19. If this guy can get it then I guess we all can.

we all can get it. many of us likely eventually going to get it. This process we are going through is to manage us through the sheep dip of getting the anti-body and not crushing the medical facilities along the way.

I sprayed my NST and other packages that have arrived with anti-bac.

I think keep sales open for those that need money and it will be a lot of folks, current estimates are of a global economy shrink of more than 10% - the 2008 crisis was 3.5%

The bailouts might end up being short lived....

Neil.

I’d leave them up

up to buyer and seller.

If you are employed you’ll get thru this financially

if no aid comes to me for two months then a machine will go! I have a 2 Month safety net. We are being told early June for a payment.

it’s no fun being a self employed musician/musical technician.

it’s no fun being a self employed musician/musical technician.

I don’t know what your style is but there's a big market for audio tracks for use in video games. Musicians upload previews to Soundcloud with a copyright protection noise overlay and sell them on Unreal Engine Marketplace and Unity Asset Store. I'm always after gothic horror type tracks. There's a big market for rock and metal tracks without vocals.

Last edited:
Let’s be clear though, if the virus lives on surfaces for a period of time does that mean realistically that you’d catch it from simply touching those surfaces? For starters it’s not like it is absorbed through the skin, you’d have to be touching your eyes, mouth, etc.

You’re liable to make yourself go mad thinking about this stuff if you’re not careful.

I think if it were that contagious, to the degree that the people that are going full on mentalist Dettol’ing their post etc believe, then pretty much the entire country would have the virus already. It’s not polonium.

It's touching your face afterwards thats dangerous. I know people who are actually washing all their shopping with soap and water. Personally I think that's just crazy. I mean, how would you wash a loaf of bread?

There is some evidence to suggest the severity of the conditions depend on the viral load, besides the pre-existing health problems, etc.

e.g. If you’re in a room breathing the same air as someone who has got it, then you’re going to be exposed to it over a sustained period, and will build up a high viral load.

Washing hands regularly is just good practice anyway, but I think you can go overboard thinking that this thing is all around you. I told my sister I went for a walk yesterday outside for my one allotted exercise session and she was worried, like it is out there in the open air waiting to attack me when I get too far from the front door.

If you have a cut on your hand, fingers you will potentially get virus if touching surface - hence gloves as PPE

So, is Martin still going? I remember we were going to make a Martin Santa Tracking App at one point....now seems more relevant than ever.

Back
Top Bottom