What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cost Effective CCTV. High Definition. Any Suggestions Pls ?

Glad I moved my family out of London 20 years ago, only the sheep are scared in Pembrokeshire!
Although I do fancy one of these only because of the odd delivery that was ‘attempted‘ when you have been in all day.

Just been reading about a large mob trying to burn down the chairman of Man United's Cheshire mansion last night. Worlds gone mad.

Just caught my first one. One of the neighbours fly tipping a bar stool outside my back gates. What a tool. He'll be getting it back later after I've had some fun.

Just caught my first one. One of the neighbours fly tipping a bar stool outside my back gates. What a tool. He'll be getting it back later after I've had some fun.
Lazy dick Splash!

Mine should be here this morning🤓

Unfortunately there's too much motion blur in the dark with night vision at that distance so can't get a clear shot of his face. I have a good idea who it is though. Could do with another camera at the gates that just does stills every few seconds.

Some folk have suggested to me that you need to install different focal length cameras and led floodlights to cope with nocturnal problems. To read number plates, there are special cameras- anpr

Its not that I want to read registration plates necessarily. But I definitely need clear faces. I could put a camera closer to the gates but then there's the risk of it getting bricked etc

You could have a PIR led floodlight if it’s possible, that should help with a clear image. Birdbox cam would be good if it’s close enough.
Ghillie suits are quite cheap these days😂

You could have a PIR led floodlight if it’s possible, that should help with a clear image. Birdbox cam would be good if it’s close enough.
Ghillie suits are quite cheap these days😂

It's a shame our gun laws are so strict 😂

We live in a row of Grade 2 town houses overlooking a park that are quite big. Talking to one of the neighbours it sounds like the end one was converted into a block of flats that function as some sort of rehab centre. The postman came to our door one day with a parcel addressed to our house but Flat 1. He asked if we have a lodger, told him no. Then he said "Oh it must be the flats down there. There's an unsavoury lot in there. I'd better get it signed for". That's where the stool came from by the looks of the CCTV. Last year an armchair. The year before a big mattress.

I think I've learned two things in life:
1) You won't get rich working for other people
2) Never live next to a park

Last edited:
Be careful then, not worth the trouble from places like that.
I live in a converted Victorian school over looking fields/valley, 2 doors away is my son and 3 doors away next to my son is my daughter. If there was any trouble the sheep would have no chance😁

I think my neighbour might be confused. The flats appear to be leasehold. There is a womens refuge on the street opposite and a rehab retreat villa type thing a bit further up. But yeah this guy seems dodgy as they get. I don't really want to get into anything with him but at the same time I'm not going to become his guy that takes stuff to the tip for him. I'll Krav Maga his nuts if he carries on 😂

This is what I'm dealing with in terms of CCTV quality and distance. This is Stool Guy last night. If I can light it up it should be much better. The alternative is getting my spare camera into that tree on the right.

A 50w led should be enough, I had a 30w in my daughters garden that lit it up good. That only lasted a year so I put warm white led half that and still ok, big garden too.
I bet a 50w would be ok in cool white.

I kind of want a shock value too though. You know, you're out for an innocent walk with your stool or quietly kicking the wing mirrors off cars and then suddenly BAMM you're centre pitch at at Trafford.

Oh yeah, I'm a bit of a mad bastard so I went back and wrote CCTV on the stool so he knew where it came from.

Oh yeah, I'm a bit of a mad bastard so I went back and wrote CCTV on the stool so he knew where it came from.
That’s funny wonder what he will do with it now😂
A 500w led floodlight would be a thing of beauty there🤩

I would consider looking at systems with a separate PIR floodlight. In my experience with Hikvision cameras they are almost always obscured by spider webs, compromising night footage considerably and particularly motion detection.
Yep agree with that. Also need to take acre with IR, when using covert. A simple scan around withe your smart phone camera picks up camera points with IR real quick.

Back
Top Bottom