What's new

Correct WPC coin door paint

DRD

Registered
I am going to repaint the door on my funhouse. It is a three slot german door - matt black with shiny paint speckles on it.

But when i look at my other wpc games - TAF, TZ, Shadow - all of these are all black gloss paint with a hammered finish

Makes me wonder about doing funhouse to match. I know how to reproduce the speckles, but hammered gloss will be easier and fit in better

Can i ask what type of paint your wpc doors have or should have please

Thanks

I don't think there is any hard or fast rules as to what paint they should be. Probably just painted in whatever paint was available at time of manuacture. I have only ever painted one and did it Hammerite Black. Looked great when finished.

Reactions: DRD
I get mine powder coated, along with legs and any other bits that need it, it's done in a Matt with a slight texture, I was not sure at first but think it looks great, got an entire pin done for £40 that was coin door and frame, side rails, legs and back box hinges.

Ronnie

Different coin doors have different finishes, and require a slightly different approach. Personally I prefer the ones you describe with speckles, but they seem less common in Europe than the hammered gloss ones, which are always thin and flimsy.

Take a look at my shop log for Revenge From Mars to see how to get the exact factory finish on the speckled doors. It's pretty easy.

If you want to restore a hammered door, then take a look at my Hook shop log to see how I did that.

Hope they help you!

It's personal preference how you do them but I think they should always be factory spec, unless you're going for mega bling like the chrome doors Manny does.

Back
Top Bottom