What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Correct WPC coin door paint

DRD

Registered
I am going to repaint the door on my funhouse. It is a three slot german door - matt black with shiny paint speckles on it.

But when i look at my other wpc games - TAF, TZ, Shadow - all of these are all black gloss paint with a hammered finish

Makes me wonder about doing funhouse to match. I know how to reproduce the speckles, but hammered gloss will be easier and fit in better

Can i ask what type of paint your wpc doors have or should have please

Thanks

I don't think there is any hard or fast rules as to what paint they should be. Probably just painted in whatever paint was available at time of manuacture. I have only ever painted one and did it Hammerite Black. Looked great when finished.

Reactions: DRD
I get mine powder coated, along with legs and any other bits that need it, it's done in a Matt with a slight texture, I was not sure at first but think it looks great, got an entire pin done for £40 that was coin door and frame, side rails, legs and back box hinges.

Ronnie

Different coin doors have different finishes, and require a slightly different approach. Personally I prefer the ones you describe with speckles, but they seem less common in Europe than the hammered gloss ones, which are always thin and flimsy.

Take a look at my shop log for Revenge From Mars to see how to get the exact factory finish on the speckled doors. It's pretty easy.

If you want to restore a hammered door, then take a look at my Hook shop log to see how I did that.

Hope they help you!

It's personal preference how you do them but I think they should always be factory spec, unless you're going for mega bling like the chrome doors Manny does.

Back
Top Bottom