What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coronavirus - Letter in Today's Daily Telegraph

Never underestimate the depths to which people will sink. I thought about blocking every seller on eBay who is price gouging on hand sanitiser etc, but honestly what is the point - there’s hundreds of them.

The human race was a mistake.

Surprised this ain't been done in London, Brum, Glasgow, Cardiff, Belfast

Probably won't be a need. They've been offered hotels as makeshift hospitals. Brittania Adelphi etc which would be better with seperate rooms.

There's another one at 65k. Scammers are having a right ol time of it aren't they.

Just did a paracetamol inventory. I usually buy nurofen so this is pretty good.

20200322_192725.jpg

Probably all out of date but wgaf

I think its fair to say that we are absolutely screwed.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/supermarkets-nhs-priority-hour-chaos-17961308

NHS workers shopping for food in Tesco
View attachment 104121
I went to Tescos in Walsall this morning, and there where well over 300 people waiting to get in.
Obviously I can't speak for Manchester, but there was no chaos, no pushing, no panic buying.
Just everyone trying to get their normal weekly shop.
The staff were giving out bunches of flowers to everyone as we entered and thanking us for working in the NHS.
It restored some of my faith in humanity.

The reason it was so crowded? Because of dickheads panic buying and stockpiling when there is no need. Twice this week I have gone to different supermarkets after finishing my shift only to find it looking as if it had been looted, my colleagues have also found the same. After working in very stressful conditions all day to find you can't even buy bread to make a sandwich for your lunch the next day, let alone anything to go in it, is more than a little disheartening.

If I have to self-isolate, rather than social-distancing, which is almost inevitable due to the heightened risk of exposure I'm prepared.
15849058727016988275704369588088.jpg
I'm saving all my ironing until I'm trapped in the house.😁

I don't think I'll get so bored that I'll actually do some ironing, but there is a distinct possibility I might do more than the bare minimum of gardening that I usually do.

I went to Tescos in Walsall this morning, and there where well over 300 people waiting to get in.
Obviously I can't speak for Manchester, but there was no chaos, no pushing, no panic buying.
Just everyone trying to get their normal weekly shop.
The staff were giving out bunches of flowers to everyone as we entered and thanking us for working in the NHS.
It restored some of my faith in humanity.

The reason it was so crowded? Because of dickheads panic buying and stockpiling when there is no need. Twice this week I have gone to different supermarkets after finishing my shift only to find it looking as if it had been looted, my colleagues have also found the same. After working in very stressful conditions all day to find you can't even buy bread to make a sandwich for your lunch the next day, let alone anything to go in it, is more than a little disheartening.

If I have to self-isolate, rather than social-distancing, which is almost inevitable due to the heightened risk of exposure I'm prepared.
View attachment 104132
I'm saving all my ironing until I'm trapped in the house.😁

It's crazy. I knew it was going to happen and we did all our buying back when it was called 'prepping' rather than 'panic buying'. But even so, I never thought it would get this bad. We've not been outdoors in a month and no plans to change that. They need to dedicate an entire supermarket per town to the NHS, pensioners and disabled, vulnerable etc. There's no other way around it.

Good luck to you Wayne, tough weeks ahead for NHS. Lorraine ( my partner) is a nurse in a private surgical hospital, they're flat out atm, I think people are getting their operations done now while they're off work. They fully expect to be taken over by NHS soon though, not with infected patients but with other patients transfered from the local NHS hospital to clear beds for virus patients.

We've cancelled all elective procedures completely.
Only trauma, emergency and cancer getting done for the foreseeable future.

Other theatres have been made ready for patients on ventilators to be moved into.

Which personally is a real pain as I need surgery on my hips and knee. Guess I'll just have to keep taking the painkillers.

It's crazy. I knew it was going to happen and we did all our buying back when it was called 'prepping' rather than 'panic buying'. But even so, I never thought it would get this bad. We've not been outdoors in a month and no plans to change that. They need to dedicate an entire supermarket per town to the NHS, pensioners and disabled, vulnerable etc. There's no other way around it.
There should be no need, when everyone realises that the shops aren't going to run out of food people should soon realise that they don't need 2 stone of pasta. Those that don't realise this will have no room in the cupboards as they'll still be full from their previous trips.

There should be no need, when everyone realises that the shops aren't going to run out of food people should soon realise that they don't need 2 stone of pasta. Those that don't realise this will have no room in the cupboards as they'll still be full from their previous trips.
Yes, but thats just the logic talking. Human nature isn't driven by logic. It's driven by basic survival instinct. This is not a problem that can be overcome with rational thinking. People are simply not going to respond to that. Because for the most part they're thick as pig ****. Here's a prime example:
Screenshot_20200322-112334.png

This bloody idiot asking around for free secondhand e-cig for her friend who's about to have chronic pneumonia. Doesn't matter if a stranger has had their gob around it. Honestly I sometimes think this Coronovirus is here to do Darwins work.

... hotels as makeshift hospitals. Brittania
Better off on the street.

We've cancelled all elective procedures completely.
Only trauma, emergency and cancer getting done for the foreseeable future.
Ugh, brutal when you consider how long people have to wait for those. But yeah, I could see that one coming sadly...

I don't think I'll get so bored that I'll actually do some ironing, but there is a distinct possibility I might do more than the bare minimum of gardening that I usually do.
Thinking about it though, if you end up with corona, breathing in some steam might actually be a pleasant proposition...

My family have been desperately ill with Corona symptoms these past 2 weeks and we’ve required medical intervention 3 times. This includes an otherwise fit 45 year old and a 13 year old boy. I can tell you that watching a child suffer with the panic of not breathing is a genuinely horrifying experience.

Hope you and your family are well/recovering and not the subject of the latest news flash?

All the best,

Tim

Back
Top Bottom