What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Congo restoration

Oh yes, nearly forgot, this s how the plane mod I made looks:

DSC04102.JPG

and lit up - I have a separate feed for the interior lights and each of the two navigation lights on the wings:

20150113_214841.jpg

Very nice looking machine after all your hard work.
One question how does the machine play with the playfield protected fitted ? It looks the business but I'm a bit concerned on how the game will play with it installed.

I've got one of those Makrolon PF protectors on my TAF and AFM. Both needed some slight dremel/trimming around the odd tight edges to make them fit nicely. Particularly to the back right of the Vault on TAF. Did you have any extra jiggerypokery to get one on Congo properly?

Personally i think they play just fine, although the ball grips a little less on plastic than wood. Soon get used to it.

Hi @replicas . I have to admit I wondered about the effect the playfield protector would have too but I am pleased to say I genuinely notice no difference! Based on my very short experience with one I wouldn't hesitate fitting them to my other machines.

@Monkeyboypaul , I think I was lucky as I did not have to make any modifications - it fitted on with no issues. How does it work with the bookcase on TAF?

@Monkeyboypaul , I think I was lucky as I did not have to make any modifications - it fitted on with no issues. How does it work with the bookcase on TAF?
Must be just me then!

The PF protector sweeps round from the back right of the bookcase, under the plunger ramp, to the skill shot hole 'round back. The inner curve here snagged on the metal guides and was deflecting the plastic. So it just needed up to 5mm shaving off inside this curve to relieve this pressure.

I also tinkered on AFM to get the PF protector to fit around the right red Main saucer target without having to desolder it. It's just how they've joined the main playfield Sheet to the little 'separate' triangular patch directly underneath the main saucer behind the 3bank targets.

Looking forward to coming round soon and putting a few games on this! Promise to bring a few bottles of "Man Cola". Looking good! Especially the LED lights on the plane mod ;)

Oh please! Don't encourage him! It's getting embarrassing how many pins Kevin's shopped in the time it's taken me to dismantle my two. And the more time he spends shopping them he's not playing them!
haha like it!!!!!

Cheers Kev

@Paul , as you say it's probably a bit overkill at 900dpi but I thought why not at that price and the scan results are much beter than I hoped for!

@Nedreud , yes the leds on the wing tips look great, thx to your soldering skills!

Definitely come over soon, I'll set something up.

Definitely come over soon, I'll set something up.
In the meantime, if you're not using it, could I borrow your tumbler again please? Might as well chuck all GOLD BALL stuff in whilst I'm arsing around with playfield.

Also, could I try your scanner please? I like to have a go at re-scanning the GB manual to replace the ropey version on IPDB and I've got an old out-of-print electronics book I'd like to digitise. I was thinking of getting one of these, so it'd be great to try in first!

Back
Top Bottom