What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congo no solenoids, no playfield insert lights.

cr5000462

Registered
Alias
CR
Hi All,

I sold my Congo to matt on here, was sat in a sealed storage container for a month or so whilst we waited it out for Martin, Martin no show so matt came to get it when he dropped another machine off for someone else.

The machine was fully working going into storage, matt got it home and reports that now it doesn't.

Matt isn't the best with electrical issues, neither am I, so here is the issue. :

Machine turns in fires up and starts no issues, however there is no solenoid power, and the playfield insert lights do not work.

Machine registers scores and thinks there is a ball in okay when pressing targets etc.

Matt says he has changed the fuse. All the led lights are correctly on the boards.

I think something may have possibly come loose in transit matt thinks it's how it was stored.

Anywqy, besides the point I want to get it sorted for him, any ideas before I arrange a "pro" to visit.

Matt tells me he has checked and changed the fuses

Reseat all connectors on CPU and Power driver board. Just a wiggle and then push firmly home is enough.

Check the "coin for open" message and bongs occur when coin door is opened and closed.

When coin door is opened, confirm 50V LED 105 on power driver goes out, then comes back on with door close.

If it never lights, check fuse F106 again.

Hi, so I have removed and re-seated all the cables and molex's when I first switched it on and this happened. The fuses have also all been changed for new ones.

The low power warning happens when the coin door is opened and the 105 led does go out.

Any fresh ideas appreciated :)

Yes this feels like a data problem rather than power / fuses, given that neither the controlled lights nor the solenoids are working.

While you're in there, just triple check the very short ribbon between CPU and Power board..

Back
Top Bottom