What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available Compact Pinball Clock -last few FULLY BUILT - REDUCED

These OK, Alan?

Attachments

• GZ.jpg
    GZ.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 45
  • HS2.jpg
    HS2.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 42
  • lotr.jpg
    lotr.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 33
  • lw3.jpg
    lw3.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 35
  • RBION.jpg
    RBION.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 36
  • StarTrek.jpg
    StarTrek.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 45
Nice work @AlanJ I’m in for a pre built clock (annoyingly I STILL haven’t assembled your reel clock!)

Great project once again 👍

Chris.

i see you can get temp/humidity sensor chips for a few quid.

Given that many people have games in a garage or shed - which is where these clocks could end up - is there any chance of adding displays of temp and humidity.

i see you can get temp/humidity sensor chips for a few quid.

Given that many people have games in a garage or shed - which is where these clocks could end up - is there any chance of adding displays of temp and humidity.
Great idea, I've not sent the PCB's to production yet, so maybe I can add this in too...................................

Alan this looks great!
I was wondering if I could use this as an alarm clock? The alarm function has been mentioned, as every one is chipping in would it be possible to have a dimming timed function? I.e. when asleep display dimmed? And a scale of dimmable? If not no problem

Alan this looks great!
I was wondering if I could use this as an alarm clock? The alarm function has been mentioned, as every one is chipping in would it be possible to have a dimming timed function? I.e. when asleep display dimmed? And a scale of dimmable? If not no problem
Hi Tony, There is a setting so you can switch the thing off between say 11:00 at night and 6:00 in the morning. The displays go off completely. Even with the screens blank, but switched on - you still get quite a back light glow, hence the idea to switch them off
completely.

I am adding the alarm functionality as we speak……

You should be able to get decent quality artwork to crop from vpin files.
I downloaded a couple to get playfield graphic ideas for my homebrew.
I'll take a look at best way of getting them as they are mixed in with table files rather than easy to access JPGs.

You should be able to get decent quality artwork to crop from vpin files.
I downloaded a couple to get playfield graphic ideas for my homebrew.
I'll take a look at best way of getting them as they are mixed in with table files rather than easy to access JPGs.
thanks. i looked at those a couple years ago and couldn’t figure out how to get the images out.

Any use?

If so I can try the same with TAF

Attachments

• cftbl2 (2).jpg
    cftbl2 (2).jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 25
  • cftbl1.jpg
    cftbl1.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 23
A few more here, gleaned from VPX files. I did a bit of googling, and the easiest way to do this seems to be to open the VPX in Visual Pinball (9 or higher) and in the Table menu, go into Image Manager... I sort them by descending size and work my way down until I find the backglass, and use Gimp to crop and scale to size.

Attachments

• Tron.jpg
    Tron.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 14
  • TMBoP.jpg
    TMBoP.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 13
  • BK2k.jpg
    BK2k.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 12
A set of manufacturer logos, hard to find one for JJP at all, couldn't see one on a white b/g anywhere.

Attachments

• williamslogo.jpg
    williamslogo.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 8
  • sternlogo.jpg
    sternlogo.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 11
  • spookylogo.jpg
    spookylogo.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 9
  • jjplogo.jpg
    jjplogo.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 9
  • delogo.jpg
    delogo.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 7
  • ballylogo.jpg
    ballylogo.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 5
  • aplogo.jpg
    aplogo.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Ok update on the coding:
V1.0 is ready and includes these features:
1. alarm function - 3 alarms
2. alarms can be easily set on or off
3. alarm time , days of week, sound to make.
4. sounds via a piezo buzzer. A selection of different sounds
5. temperature and humidity via optional sensor
6. Ability to mount the temp sensor inside or outside the “sandwiched” pcbs (inside looks nicer but will be affected by heat generated by the electronics; outside on rear of unit will be more accurate)
7. Configurable list of things to display: images, time, date, temp (F or C setting), humidity %. (More options added in future) - can choose order, and time for each.
8. night time setting, screen goes off during whatever hours you set.
12 or 24 time display option.
9. All config can be made on the unit itself using two buttons on the rear.
10. config is saved to the SD card and can be amended in any text editor. it’s human readable.
11. Software updates are installed via SD card.

I’m just testing all these features and waiting for arrival of a better temp/humidity sensor as the one i have is rubbish. Hopefully next week I’ll get that and complete the prototype testing. then boards will be produced and parts ordered.

In the meantime I’m also creating more images - keep your favourite pin images coming!!!

Ok update on the coding:
V1.0 is ready and includes these features:
1. alarm function - 3 alarms
2. alarms can be easily set on or off
3. alarm time , days of week, sound to make.
4. sounds via a piezo buzzer. A selection of different sounds
5. temperature and humidity via optional sensor
6. Ability to mount the temp sensor inside or outside the “sandwiched” pcbs (inside looks nicer but will be affected by heat generated by the electronics; outside on rear of unit will be more accurate)
7. Configurable list of things to display: images, time, date, temp (F or C setting), humidity %. (More options added in future) - can choose order, and time for each.
8. night time setting, screen goes off during whatever hours you set.
12 or 24 time display option.
9. All config can be made on the unit itself using two buttons on the rear.
10. config is saved to the SD card and can be amended in any text editor. it’s human readable.
11. Software updates are installed via SD card.

I’m just testing all these features and waiting for arrival of a better temp/humidity sensor as the one i have is rubbish. Hopefully next week I’ll get that and complete the prototype testing. then boards will be produced and parts ordered.

In the meantime I’m also creating more images - keep your favourite pin images coming!!!
How much is the owners manual or are you doing a course. 🤣🤣 I might have to nip over and pick mine up.

some more attempts - but clearly image editing not my forte.

Attachments

• card-Support.jpg
    card-Support.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 9
  • line up (2).jpg
    line up (2).jpg
    54 KB · Views: 9
  • scorecard (2).png
    scorecard (2).png
    88.6 KB · Views: 9
  • diamond.jpg
    diamond.jpg