What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Colywobbles Glass Collection & drop off thread

Colywobbles

Site Supporter
Alias
Billy Big B*llocks
Ok guys I will be collecting the glass shortly after it’s delivered to Flipout. I have already had several requests but if you can please confirm how many sheets and which service station you would like to meet on the way up the A1. I will confirm date/times when we know more.

please carefully consider the following before committing to using me for collection.
The day and time will be to suit me as I will be taking a friend to help share the journey as well as hump the sheets and generally bore silly with pinball nonesense.
I can not be liable for any breakages that happen during transportation, I am not a courier just trying help members out who can’t collect for themselves.
As it is a 12hr round trip for me I can’t wait around at the meeting point. Last minute calls saying you will be late or have been called to work or more important Stuff like you half way through perming you’re hair will mean the glass will end up in Sunderland. Being there ready and waiting will mean I will hopefully get home before midnight.

I will also have to consider the weight of the glass! I do not mind being a little over as I set out as every stop will lighten the load but I dont want my car looking like a boy racer custom job lower to the ground than a jack Russel’s ****. I have a large 4x4 I regularly use for pins and it takes the likes of TH, WOZ & TZ on long journeys easily.

please lmk the following:
pinfo name
real name
no of sheets
service station/meeting point both must be on or next too the A1
prefered day. Can’t promise this but will consider majority if at all possible

also pm me your mobile number and I’ll do likewise.

I will add names to the thread below this one as they are confirmed. if you are on the list and see any obvious mistakes or need to make late changes LMK via pm

Col

Please confirm via PM with Mobile number thanks

Pinfo nameReal NameTotal No of Sheets (wb+st)Collection PointConfirmed via Mobile No
ColywobblesCol8 x stHome
SutolTy2 x stMiddlesbroughconfirmed
TonyTony3 x stSheffield tbdConfirmed
TheWoolChris3 x st, 1 x wbHome with meconfirmed
GarySp8Garry4 x sttbdconfirmed
Stags6969Paul3 x st, 1 x weMarkham Moorconfirmed
CnCConrad1 x stA1/M25 south mimsconfirmed
John63John2 x stwetherbyconfirmed
MatrixnetukStef1 x wbNotts, Retfordconfirmed
JamesJames3 x sttbdconfirmed
AndyBAndy2 x stMarkham moorconfirmed

Last edited:
Bear with me just waiting on confirmations.

To keep it fair I will give priority to northerners for obvious reasons and may have to put a limit on how many per person should it come to it.

Col

Last edited:
Sounds like glass will be here very soon so I will be in touch with Neil to arrange and let everyone know so they can confirm before hand

I’ve pm’d Neil as it’s almost impossible to say what time I arrive as it’s a 6hr trip traffic permitting. Also im not the usual pickup with 14 people wanting around 35 sheets so 30mins would be an impossibility.
I will keep everyone informed when he gets back to me bearing in mind he is only there on thurs, Sat so it looks like it will be one of those 2 days.

Col

Collection Date will be Thursday 16th July.
I am hoping to get there around 2pm traffic permitting as it’s a 6hr journey.
If there is anyone on the list that for some reason cannot make this day For the hand over due to other commitments please let me know ASAP and I will amend accordingly.
I will give more details after I’ve worked logistics and best method of stacking the glass with suitable protection.

Col

Still on track for Thursday guys I’ve almost finished the 18mm ply box for carrying the glass hopefully keeping both the glass and also me & Sutol safe.
I can’t give exact times but I’m setting off around 5ish and will hopefully be there around 2.
I have everyone’s mobile so will keep yall upto date on our progress and ETA at each stop.
Please note:
I reiterate although I will take every possible precaution when transporting the glass including when we load & unload please be aware I cannot be liable for any breakages or damage whatsoever.
I have almost finished making an 18mm crate like box which will hopefully keep both the glass and it’s passengers (me and Sutol) safe. It better cos the wood alone was over £40 the bloody rip off merchants or is it just these strange times hiking the prices.

stay tuned and any questions just shout here or pm me.

Col

Another couple of hours on it today to ensure the safety aspect.
Sutol will be in tow with me and has managed to get some Extra glazing spacers which are welcome as a belt and bracers approach.
312416CE-1717-4230-B1D2-E741FA2535C5.jpeg

Just wondered how you were doing them stacked with 2 different widths.
They have to stacked according to how they will be offloaded as the last thing I want to do is remove half a dozen WB sheets to get at the standard ones underneath so I am relying on the rubber glazing pads as they stick like the proverbial **** to a blanket.
with the pads and weight they will not move one bit. I have several standard sheets in my shed stacked this way.
Col
Col

I collected 11 sheets last week laying flat in the back of my Yaris with one seat down, I just chucked stuff around the edge. Stopped to get fuel and they had slipped back from the top down. Couldn’t move them back due to the weight so packed more stuff so it couldn’t move anymore and damage the edge. Close call though, think I was driving too fast☺️

That crate looks perfect👍

Made good time Arrived at Flipout 11:30 just Grabbing dinner On the go while we wait on Neil

watch this space

Back
Top Bottom