What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Colour DMD

LOTR, SM, Tron, IM, AFM... (hoping to get Congo in the New Year)

SM, Tron & IM are mainly video clips converted into very lo-res colour video clips, but done as well as they can. AFM and LOTR are much better in my opinion just because they're 'old skool' graphics colourised really well.

Mine started life in JM, then went into a WH20, and is now leaving in a TZ. Out of the 3 it looked the best in TZ, really benefits from the colouring. Of ALL the games I'd say looks best in AC/DC, MM or AFM but of your 3 I'd go for STTNG.

Apologies, I'd agree with Sam that STTNG is probably the best option from your choices. Looks great. And you can always swap it around your games too; fittings and cable dependent of course.

I played a very nice Creature with colour dmd earlier this year at Play Expo Glasgow.

We've got them in Metallica, AFM, MM, WH2O, CCC. I like Metallica best but they're all good. Special mention and kudos to the new MMr one which has extra added graphics.

I've swapped it around from Monster Bash to South Park to Sopranos to LOTR. Currently it's enjoying its residency in MM.

I liked it best in Sopranos.

USB stick, ColorDMD website.
It has instructions for hardware as different makes not all the same shape, wiring (as above) and software (as above). Easy peasy lemon squeezy

I have it in my Monster Bash and ST:TNG and they are both fantastic. I've got the MMR colour and its awesome.

But I"m planning to order the new ColorDMD LED versions for my machines when they come out though, it looks so much better and original, the LCD one when in dots mode is great but the LED I really liked. The ColorDMD guy said that LED and LCD screens will support all machines (although the LCD won't fit in some). I've got an LED on order for my Ghostbusters which runs single colour at the moment but rumour has it colour is coming.

The good news is that you can get one and they are movable between the same pin manufacturer or you can order the cable kits to move them between manufacturers. ST:TNG is a good choice in your machine line up though!

Attachments

• 5631b11f4f2554b18bb83a8ec0ab0e98f87658f3.jpg
    5631b11f4f2554b18bb83a8ec0ab0e98f87658f3.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited by a moderator:
another pic

Attachments

• 2e5a00157b00d94223becfe29a1e7ab64244deef.jpg
    2e5a00157b00d94223becfe29a1e7ab64244deef.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 15
Back
Top Bottom