What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Colour DMD help with LOTR please

cooldan

i like pizza
ok, i've fired off an email to Sean at Pinball Palace, and i've read all the support and FAQ and stuff on the ColorDMD homepage, but my problem persists:

i bought a new color DMD with LOTR 3.3 installed on it, but i can't get it to work. i followed all the hardware and software installation instructions and it seems to boot up ok, but it just scrolls vertically. i tested the voltages (ground, 5V and 13V) and reinstalled the file with a USB stick too but no dice. this isn't my first colorDMD, i had one before that i installed on Monster Bash that worked straight out of the box, but the system and software are not the same animal.

my display and CPU ROMS are both 10.0 (thanks to @Paul ), it worked fine with normal DMD. originally game was from Italy but i reset dip switches after importing to UK. i've also put in a new 'GAL chip' thingy that i bought from here as i'm hoping to install a shaker motor (though i understand that i will need ROM 10.02 for that to work properly ....
i made a video that hopefully gives all the relevant details, it's 3 mins long.

and i appreciate that i'm trying to do two things at once (colour and prepare for shaker) and that this may not help me. i searched and found this handy post on shaker installation from @Rus121 - http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/installing-a-shaker-into-a-non-le-lotr.2476/

any help appreciated

If you haven't already try emailing Color DMD direct, they are very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom