What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ColorDMD's suddenly a bit cheaper? EDIT: PRICE SHOWN IS NOW EX-VAT, STILL VERY EXPENSIVE.

Monkeyboypaul

Site Supporter
Alias
Paul G
SOLVED - Prices are now shown Ex-VAT

Looking at getting an LCD ColorDMD for Congo and noticed they're 'only' £305 now, or £295 for the LED.

They were approaching £350-360 last time i looked!

What did i miss? Is the new Chroma set-up a bit cheaper to produce?

Last edited:
SOLVED - Prices are now shown Ex-VAT

Looking at getting an LCD ColorDMD for Congo and noticed they're 'only' £305 now, or £295 for the LED.

They were approaching £350-360 last time i looked!

What did i miss? Is the new Chroma set-up a bit cheaper to produce?
Doesn't make sense if he's vat registered, I'm guessing vat will be added at checkout if your address is within the EU.

edit- sorry just reread that you'd already spotted this

Last edited:
What is the better option ? LED or LCD ?

In my view the LED - It's as close to current dmd but with colour - the LCDs I run in regular mode rather than the HD modes as it just takes something away from the original artwork.

In my view the LED - It's as close to current dmd but with colour - the LCDs I run in regular mode rather than the HD modes as it just takes something away from the original artwork.

And I prefer the LCD, but could be tempted by an LED version in tron. Whatever floats your boat.

I think I will try an LED one next. I prefer them set to Dots anyway.

I saw the CV led - looked great but wish I had looked a bit more closely to decide if I were to go led.

They have solved the block issue as well, so no misaligning grids!

At expo I was lucky to see both side by side playing the same anims and the LED really
Stood out.

I'd love a colordmd clock with the LED display - crazy dosh but very nice :)

LOL LCD on the left and LED on the right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the end they are both good I just want to enhance the pinball experience without taking the coolness of it away. LCD with dots is ok but the hires mode takes away in my view.

Have to admit, do like the fact that the LED display is a perfect fit. Want to see one in person before buying though.

How did they do that? Is it all one block now?
After a bit of research, I can answer myself now :) - The LED display is made up of two panels, there has been at least one problem with panels not aligned.

After a bit of research, I can answer myself now :) - The LED display is made up of two panels, there has been at least one problem with panels not aligned.
Saw that. It was solved as could see the 2 panels were not fit together properly.
Edging towards LED at the moment:)

I have a led in my CV as I had no choice due to fitment, it`s certainly brighter, I think the lcd gives more options though

Ok, have some xmas money coming my way so do I choose Colour DMD(TM) LCD or LED. Im leaning towards LED. Any demos of LED's working in Bally/williams machines?

Is it the guy in Spain that produces LEDs too. I take it the main difference with his kit is that he can't use the Colour DMD software?

It's going in my TZ or STTNG..

Gonna treat myself to a pinsound card in the new year too :)

There are some videos on YouTube - I saw both side by side and would get LED all the time now (have two LCD in ST:TNG and MB) and I'll put a LED one in my Theatre of Magic soon. The only one LCD might be a better choice is for simpsons and family
Guy.

Neil.

I did a video of theatre of magic... its LED and it's awesome!

awww, i was hoping you were give us a tour round the playfield. i love me some Theatre of Magic, especially that the American designer made this in America and used the English spelling. can you make another video while someone else plays, so we can see the magnet ring thingy and the trapdoor and the Tiger Saw and stuff? it's just a really really fun pinball machine, i'm sure even the SCTOMA would admit to enjoying the odd game or two on it, every now and then. the real points are to be had by getting the bonus up to 8x.

sorry for being such an ****hole to you the other day, Neil, i have no excuses for that.

awww, i was hoping you were give us a tour round the playfield. i love me some Theatre of Magic, especially that the American designer made this in America and used the English spelling. can you make another video while someone else plays, so we can see the magnet ring thingy and the trapdoor and the Tiger Saw and stuff? it's just a really really fun pinball machine, i'm sure even the SCTOMA would admit to enjoying the odd game or two on it, every now and then. the real points are to be had by getting the bonus up to 8x.

sorry for being such an ****hole to you the other day, Neil, i have no excuses for that.

Apology accepted.

Back
Top Bottom