What's new

Wanted ColorDMD

I have just ordered my Colourdmd for Theatre of Magic ! I think it might arrive before the machine arrives at the weekend !!!

my bid was cancelled on WH20 although I had been outbid and wasn't going any higher.

anyone do a deal and snag it?

Anyone installed one with the new software yet in their Tron?

Not sure whether to swap mine from IM to Tron

Anyone installed one with the new software yet in their Tron?

Not sure whether to swap mine from IM to Tron
Yes, it's quite subtle...

If you're happy with it Iron Man then I'd leave it in there and get another for Tron if you feel the need.

just install colour dmd on my ToM - looks awesome.... really awesome , worth every penny

sorry about reflections... i will try and make better pictures when its not so sunny

Attachments

• IMG_6475.JPG
    IMG_6475.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_6477.JPG
    IMG_6477.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_6479.JPG
    IMG_6479.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_6480.JPG
    IMG_6480.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_6481.JPG
    IMG_6481.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 54
I'd been tempted by Color DMD for a while without giving in, but couldn't resist getting one for Tron. Installed it last night which was fairly straightforward apart from the fact that the DMD ribbon cable was superglued (looks like a glue gun job) to the connector on the DMD! Managed to prise it off which was a bit stressful, and after that had the Color DMD up and running in around ten or fifteen minutes.

Have to say I'm very impressed - I still think that Invisiglass is the superior mod, but the display clarity is fantastic, the text/scores look great, and I can finally figure out whats going on in the animations which is a plus! The best part is that the countdown timers on the left hand side of the machine are colour coded when the modes are active which is really useful. Very happy with my purchase and highly recommend getting one for Tron.

The colour dmd looks great, love the cycle movie clips :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    109.8 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 44
Sorry to add a rookie's question but what is involved with fitting a colour dmd? I have modern sterns (sm and tf) as well as older games (ts, dw and lw3). I presume that a colour dmd can't be fitted to any old games so how does it work?

Sorry to add a rookie's question but what is involved with fitting a colour dmd? I have modern sterns (sm and tf) as well as older games (ts, dw and lw3). I presume that a colour dmd can't be fitted to any old games so how does it work?
It depends which machine, there are fitting instructions on the color dmd website. Plus a few videos of installation on youtube. Its pretty easy though.

Back
Top Bottom