What's new

Colordmd LED back in stock in the US

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2463

Incase anyone is interested colordmd LED's are
Now back in stock in the US - my TWD LED is now on the way!

Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neil,

Whats the cost on one from the US if you dont mind me asking please? Would love to grab one, however it's a little much at £370 from in the UK... :(

Cheers
Paul

Works out almost identically priced I'm afraid!

Bought direct myself once before, didn't work out any cheaper, and that was before the pound bombed.

$369 for the LED, plus $65 shipping.

So £357 plus 20% VAT to pay= £428.

And also a handling fee (about £20?).

Yes Sean is superb but I wanted mine quick and I'm picking up in the US next week so no vat or shipping :) and if you do have any issues he's on hand to solve them!

I prefer the LED ones and you can adjust the brightness of it - to be honest I'm still not super convinced that colour is right for TWD / the red/white and the red/white playfield lighting goes really well - but the great thing with colordmd is that if it doesn't work you can stick it in another machine - the LED just looks more pinball to me - closer to the plasma of DMDs!

Neil

Plus there are no options to change the type of display. DotsXL rules !:clap:
Personally i don't like the look of the lcd display. Not bright enough to me. Definitely wouldn't merge the dots on it either. I like the original dot effect.
Does make a hell of a difference it being in colo(u)r either way though.:thumbs::thumbs:

I like the colour just adds something modern to pinball classics.

I've put my ST:TNG on location here in the office and a few folks have pointed out how they love the ColorDMD on it.

Neil.

The Walking Dead has damaged my retina's enough with that harsh contrasting lighting - last thing I need is more pain from LEDs in the DMD! Not that I get much chance to look up when playing it... except during the frequent end of ball bonuses, naturally.

Tron's the only game I'd maybe consider an LED display...

PS - DotsXL rules, not backsies.

The Walking Dead has damaged my retina's enough with that harsh contrasting lighting - last thing I need is more pain from LEDs in the DMD! Not that I get much chance to look up when playing it... except during the frequent end of ball bonuses, naturally.

Tron's the only game I'd maybe consider an LED display...

PS - DotsXL rules, not backsies.
Funny you say that as I had to make my own light diffusers and now much happier playing it. Even had to soften those blinding leds that sit above the 2 ramps!

Back
Top Bottom