What's new

ColorDMD in a modern Stern.

I think I saw one on a TZ in Berlin earlier this year and really didn't like it but I do think it looks better on the Tron in the video above.

Does it improve the look of the film clips on SM?
Yes, but... the film clips then have a certain cartoonish quality to them - less defined but clearer if that makes any sense at all! I recommend trying to see it in the flesh before splashing tha cash to see if you like it. It's certainly different!

Look at the vid I posted above. Its shows the movie sequences on Tron, so I imagine the effect to be very similar.

Spiderman needs real video, which I belive is in the pipeline.
Happy days.

I LOVE that upscaling effect shown in the video. Compared to the hundreds of pounds that can easily be spent on a few lighted toys on the playfield .....I think it's awesome.

Great how opinions can differ!! I think the text looks absolutely cack :D

Why in the single colour mode are the pixels not seperated like colour DMD full versions ?

These single colour versions look terrible

It still does the original 'dots' mode. The vid I posted above just shows the new 'HD upscaling' mode. Heres a vid showing the same display using dots:

Actually it depends if you like the dots or not, same as scan lines on the old CRTs versus LCDs as long as youve got the choice then its a great mod

Back
Top Bottom