What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ColorDMD in a modern Stern.

I think I saw one on a TZ in Berlin earlier this year and really didn't like it but I do think it looks better on the Tron in the video above.

Does it improve the look of the film clips on SM?
Yes, but... the film clips then have a certain cartoonish quality to them - less defined but clearer if that makes any sense at all! I recommend trying to see it in the flesh before splashing tha cash to see if you like it. It's certainly different!

Look at the vid I posted above. Its shows the movie sequences on Tron, so I imagine the effect to be very similar.

Spiderman needs real video, which I belive is in the pipeline.
Happy days.

I LOVE that upscaling effect shown in the video. Compared to the hundreds of pounds that can easily be spent on a few lighted toys on the playfield .....I think it's awesome.

Great how opinions can differ!! I think the text looks absolutely cack :D

Why in the single colour mode are the pixels not seperated like colour DMD full versions ?

These single colour versions look terrible

It still does the original 'dots' mode. The vid I posted above just shows the new 'HD upscaling' mode. Heres a vid showing the same display using dots:

Actually it depends if you like the dots or not, same as scan lines on the old CRTs versus LCDs as long as youve got the choice then its a great mod

Back
Top Bottom