What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ColorDMD - HiDef update

Yeah followed the instructions on the site. Held left button (one nearest the USB slot) down for a while (more than 5 secs for sure) with 8Gb FAT32 flash stick that had "colordmd.rom" file for the machine in the root directory plugged in.

Screen didn't change/ go dark/ do anything on either machine's display. Going to find another USB stick and try that.

I installed the colour dmd on day of release on my SPP. Just a quick shabby video sorry for bad quality playing 1 hand with the glass off dosn't help :)

Has anyone put one in a new Stern, is there anywhere in Europe you can get the mounting kit?

I had a ColorDMD fitted to my Stern Star Trek LE last August at the UKPP by Sean Mills of Pinball Palace. He stocks the complete kit including the display, but I'm not sure if he sells the mounting kit separately.

http://www.pinballdisplays.co.uk

Here is some pictures of the display mounted in the new style panel:

20150228_173838.jpg 20150228_173901.jpg 20150228_173931.jpg

I'm not a fan of the upscaling modes, there's simply not enough dots to make it look good, stuff ends up just looking weird.

I inatalled the new update on my MM and WH20 a day or two after it come out and overall I'd say its pretty awesome, but its all about the 8 bit and tile modes which strangely many don't seem to be talking about. Essentially these use big squares instead of dots which are either right up to each other or with a small 1 or 2 pixel gap.

Totally agree about the upscaling, remind me of the old snes emulators that made the games look weird..
But i must admit it does give it a cleaner look.

Have upgraded my colordmd's but have an issue, have 4 of them, but 5 machines that have available roms. Don't want to buy another, which do I take out to put into AFM. Choice of Creature, TAF, MB & IJ.....:hmm:

Have upgraded my colordmd's but have an issue, have 4 of them, but 5 machines that have available roms. Don't want to buy another, which do I take out to put into AFM. Choice of Creature, TAF, MB & IJ.....:hmm:
Nice problem to have Ian! I know, give me any one of those machines...problem solved!

AFM,CFTBL,MB are awesome.No brainer.
TAF don't have particularly good dots(have a color dmd in mine),but IJ aint a good game so sell that and use money to buy LOTR!!-withcolordmd:eek:

TAF - the others have more to offer for the colorDMD treatment.

What will you do when they release the color Tron ROM, eh? Better start saving ;)

AFM,CFTBL,MB are awesome.No brainer.
TAF don't have particularly good dots(have a color dmd in mine),but IJ aint a good game so sell that and use money to buy LOTR!!-withcolordmd:eek:

Agree on TAF and IJ, but Indy is wife's favourite game...... Hopefully MB will do its magic and I can release Indy.

Back
Top Bottom