What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ColorDMD - Edit: No longer wanted

strongs

Site Supporter
Anyone selling a used ColorDMD? I'm considering swapping out the original DMD in my TAF.

I am aware Pinball Palace sells them new but I am looking to acquire one a little cheaper.

I saw a number of colour DMD's at NLP and they just didn't do it for me, much preferred the originals. Feels like putting a modern radio in a classic car, especially on the older tables.

I saw a number of colour DMD's at NLP and they just didn't do it for me, much preferred the originals. Feels like putting a modern radio in a classic car, especially on the older tables.

I agree but original plasma displays are getting harder to source.

Has anybody noticed the new panels look a lot better than the old? The ones I've bought this year definitely have far better black levels and better contrast and colour saturation too.

I think the sigma displays are different that's prob y

I thought the displays were physically the same - it's just the sigma CODE thats different.
I have been pushing the guys there to upgrade to the sigma code on all of their releases, however some are still waiting!!!

If you haven't updated the code for a while its worth doing for the DOTXL mode that was added to all the titles earlier this year.

Yea they have definitely used at least 2 different types of display and one of them looks a lot better than the other IMO. Interestingly even the better looking of the two (can't remember the model now) is only a TN panel. Considering how much they charge for these you'd think they could stretch to an IPS! The early displays I have look lame in comparison, mainly becuase the blacks look dark grey at best. I had a brief look about a month ago and the newer panels they are using are available for about £40.

All of my displays have been updated to the latest firmware, the DOTXL mode is where its at imo and should of been available at launch. I used to like tiles but the square edges take away some of the detail in the animations as the corners were supposed to be round. 8-bit looks alright but you really need the thin black lines between the dots/squares for the art to look right. The human brain is clever and seems to automatically fill in the detail that would be in the black areas which it can't do if there aren't any! The HD upscaling modes are completely useless, theres simply not enough detail in a 128x32 source for it to work well and again the lack of black areas don't help with DMD animations.

Hi all,

This is still available.

Says v1.3 on PCB and has a Sigma sticker on it but is flashed to MM multicolor ROM.

275 delivered (by courier).

images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_12_16_1f37282b45749a5bdc5d467f0bc9ef63.jpg

images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_12_16_7cfc079115b8b640026dec9e5ac7e3ac.jpg

images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_12_16_9dcde96b53f7809c901b42bf05a7dce8.jpg

images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_12_16_b515f82aed22740c95a03c6589c173ea.jpg

images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_12_16_17190b935ccbb64bbf9958ce77f37532.jpg

Back
Top Bottom