What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! Coin pusher single player...

DrPinball

Registered
Slightly off topic , but I'm looking for a single player coin pusher e.g. kash Kong. Or, does anyone know of a forum that trades in these? Cheers.

How about the diy route, it's only a motor pushing a draw! Plans and ideas online. Seen the one or two on ebay from time to time. Jamma+ may be able to help.

Dave, try Mark R. he has a Kash Kong that's Sat there doing nothing, he might let it go if asked.

Try facebook fruit machine groups. pushers cause conflict as everyone wants single player which sell easily whilst multiplayer are unsellable , a lot of squabbling over lowballing as newbies think 200 because they see 6 player for sale for that and underestimate demand for single players.

Or do what i did bought a cheap 6 player and then chopped it down to make a 3 player it now fits though a house door

i still have a lot of parts left if you want to make a homemade job

2013-10-08 19.44.29.jpg
1.jpg

A warning about Kash Kong.

The main board contains a battery backed chip, which has a manufacturer life of 10 years. These machines are mostly over this age now.

When i had one, i contacted the machine manufacturer, asking for an image of the chip - the refused to supply it to me - and also in fact refused to supply a replacement.

Basically, when this chip fails, and it will, the machine will be rendered useless until a replacement is found and installed. Havent a clue as to the contents, and wether these would be interchangeable from machine to machine.

Just something to bear in mind...

The main board contains a battery backed chip, which has a manufacturer life of 10 years. These machines are mostly over this age now.

When i had one, i contacted the machine manufacturer, asking for an image of the chip - the refused to supply it to me - and also in fact refused to supply a replacement.

Basically, when this chip fails, and it will, the machine will be rendered useless until a replacement is found and installed. Havent a clue as to the contents, and wether these would be interchangeable from machine to machine.

Paul, thanks for the info - sounds totally bonkers, I hate built in obsolescence.

Not sure how crucial the battery is as the game code is on a card that slots into the ide slot on the pc motherboard. I also have a spare cage complete with all the boards that works just needs a new psu

Paul, thanks for the info - sounds totally bonkers, I hate built in obsolescence.

Ahh yes the "Suicide CPU". A wonderful feat of engineering......... hmm.......

It was to protect against bootleg copies being taken of the ROMs, so they encrypted the code and put the decrypt key "inside" the CPU.
I wrote a bit about this if you're interested.. bottom of the page...

http://www.strobey.co.uk/show.php?page=jamma

Many of these roms were unencrypted and you can then replace the potted suicide CPU/battery with a normal 68000 (or whatever it is) so it may be worth checking the MAME romsets to see if an unencrypted version exists.

Tim

Did one for my boss recently for "Silent Scope". Took a while to find the image code, however could have done it myself - it's just 8 bits of data on the chip that cross-references with the motherboard as to the region of the machine.... In this case a battery backed EEprom.

nice article @strobey :)

Many thanks to @peanut who supplied me with a few bits from his machine, I have the makings of a coin pusher well in hand...

Next I need to build the cabinet from MDF, paint and install the coin slot, hopper and coin tray...

Excellent, well done, it will be great when completed. I have one of these pushers, a two player, and it has provided many hours of fun, people love them!

peanut has done it the best way. a working 6 player will cost less than you can home build one. I've sold working ones this year for 125 delivered. make sure it's not a hexagonal one though lol

namco pacman pusher is almost as desirable as pinball. just sold the last of 4 I got in for xmas. all for 1k quite easily. king of pushers!

thats looking great make sure the motor can move the drawer with a full table of coins it is quite a weight
also my bottom table has 2 dome headed slot screws spaced about 6" apart in the middle this makes the coins either move to the side or makes them ride up
on the ones in front

thats looking great make sure the motor can move the drawer with a full table of coins it is quite a weight
also my bottom table has 2 dome headed slot screws spaced about 6" apart in the middle this makes the coins either move to the side or makes them ride up
on the ones in front

I used a car wiper motor - it has loads of torque so is well up for the job. I'll get it running with a full table of coins and see how it performs. I'll see how effective the end lip is at stacking the coins up and maybe add the screws later. Cheers.

Update on the build - cabinet built and most of the components installed - nearly ready for paint and final commission...

IMG_20161214_124821.jpg
IMG_20161214_124834.jpg
IMG_20161214_180416.jpg
IMG_20161214_180426.jpg

That's going to be excellent when finished, well done! I look forward to seeing the end result (hope you can post a video of it working when done). I have a couple of pushers and I have to tell you they are really popular with friends when they are round having a few beers!

The paint i used to do the sides of mine i got from The range is a satin finish called , turquoise aqua ,very close to the original colour and finish in aerosol

Back
Top Bottom