What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coin Mechs

KEITH SMITH

Registered
Hi does any one know if there is a ribbon cable available that will connect a C120 coin mech to a bally /Williams interface board . I have an old type door (single slot) that uses the old fashioned clip in mechanical coin mech (ie the door is the one with a micro switch at the base) .The C120 electronic mech fits perfectly but i cant see how to connect it to the interface board? .Probably this C120 is a Stern type mech and i am trying to make it fit something it should'nt (or cant be done). If this is not poss and i fit the mechanical job that takes a one pound coin ,does anyone know the pin out on the interface board to connect this single micro switch to .
As you can see not very good with coin mechs so any help much appreciated
cheers
Keith

Hello, Keith,

I can offer some general advice, though I'm not familiar with the c120. My former employer sometimes bought Dutch-spec games with S10 doors, and I converted them to use the uk-type c220 doors.

The interface board, on original wpc '89' games anyway, needed alteration to use an electronic validator. A connector for the extra wiring of the validator, and an 8-way DiL option switch for enable/inhibit of the different coin channels had to be added. Then wiring between the board and validator had to be fabricated, incorporating a few leads from the existing harness, in particular the three existing coin output wires and their common ground.

You'd need to know what the connecting pins of the c120 are. I'd expect a power input, ground, an output from each channel, and enable/inhibit lines for each as well. The 220 has a line for '4 or 8 channels', maybe the 120 also does. The lines from the 120 would need to be matched to the inputs of the interface board.

To use an S 10 mechanical acceptor, the micro-switch can be connected to any of the four coin inputs (Coin 1, 2, 3, 4) and ground of the interface board.

Hello, Keith,

I can offer some general advice, though I'm not familiar with the c120. My former employer sometimes bought Dutch-spec games with S10 doors, and I converted them to use the uk-type c220 doors.

The interface board, on original wpc '89' games anyway, needed alteration to use an electronic validator. A connector for the extra wiring of the validator, and an 8-way DiL option switch for enable/inhibit of the different coin channels had to be added. Then wiring between the board and validator had to be fabricated, incorporating a few leads from the existing harness, in particular the three existing coin output wires and their common ground.

You'd need to know what the connecting pins of the c120 are. I'd expect a power input, ground, an output from each channel, and enable/inhibit lines for each as well. The 220 has a line for '4 or 8 channels', maybe the 120 also does. The lines from the 120 would need to be matched to the inputs of the interface board.

To use an S 10 mechanical acceptor, the micro-switch can be connected to any of the four coin inputs (Coin 1, 2, 3, 4) and ground of the interface board.
Thanks Jay thats a big help now i know i can fall back and use a mechanical mech (and now i know its called an S10)It would be nice to know if such a cable exists to connect the C120 i have to the interface board ,Thank you for taking the time to reply Jay
cheers
Keith

Pretty sure I have a c120 In my BoP out of town until tonight but will check - as I recall it looks very homemade though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom