What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coin mech troubleshooting

kevlar

Site Supporter
Alias
Kevin Donovan
I have never even tried to get a coin mech working before but just tried to get a known working mech working in my corvette. No luck so far, coins just fall straight through without registering. Is there a good guide anywhere to getting coin mechs working?

Hi, Kev,

Does your Corvette have a c220 setup? If it's u.k. production it will have. Going with that assumption, the small 'door interface' circuit board controls the accept/reject of each coin channel. The one I unpacked rejected all coins due to the switches on that board all being Off. AIR, working from the bottom upwards, the functions are; Channel 1, Chn. 2, Chn. 3, Chn.4 (they're certainly channels 1-4), then Chn. 7/8, Chn. 5/6 (again, these may be in the reverse order), 4 channel/8 channel, and Accept/Reject all coins. Channel refers to the acceptor, not necessarily the machines' coin inputs, D1-4.

Once the coins are registering (in the switch test D1 is usually '4th' (£1), D2 'Left' (50p), D3 'Centre' (20p) and D4 'Right' (10p)) you'll be able to set/check the pricing scheme.

Thanks David, I have just spent 1/2 hour f'ing about with the unit settings as per link above, and the interface dipswitches in all configurations but still the coins just pass through. The mech came out of my RFM ( where it works fine ), and the interface board looks different to the corvette board. Do mechs and interface boards come in compatible pairs?

Obvious I know but...

Make sure the power is getting to mech on the corvette.

Check power to coin board.

Is it the same coin you tried on rfm?

Try different coins 50p £1 etc, should try atleast 3 of each coin...

Yes working mech taken out of RFM and put in corvette, same type coin door so fits correctly. Bit pushed for time so it will have to wait until after the weekend now, will update when I've jabbed it a few times with a multimeter.

Thanks all

Yes working mech taken out of RFM and put in corvette, same type coin door so fits correctly. Bit pushed for time so it will have to wait until after the weekend now, will update when I've jabbed it a few times with a multimeter.

Thanks all
Kevlar. Off topic. Do you know what connections are made to your mech and from where when it's in RFM ? Have RFM and mech but there seems to be a distinct lack of cables between the two :)

There should be a small board mounted in the cab next to the tilt bob, the mech connects to it with a ribbon cable. At least thats how mine is.

Will take photos later. Does yours have the little interface board? It should be just inside the coin door on the left next to tilt bob.

Will take photos later. Does yours have the little interface board? It should be just inside the coin door on the left next to tilt bob.
Certainly do have that one but it appears fully populated so the cabling may just be in the machine somewhere. None of it seems to come anywhere near
The door tho

I'm in work atm. The ribbon cable plugs into a socket in the center of the little board ( not the edge of the board ). Maybe they arent all the same though, will take photos this afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom