What's new

Coin mech programming

Jsyjamie

Registered
Alias
Jamie
There is probably an easy solution but I’ve tried a few permutations and got seriously impatient.

Just dropped World Cup Soccer off at its new home in a local pub and thought I would factory reset everything then reprogram the coin mech using Phils video.

Unfortunately I’m not getting adjustmet a3 27, this is a s far as it’s letting me go.

B804D3FC-A3C7-4537-8DBF-01B8E72F0AAE.jpeg

Hello, Theatre of Magic shown in the upper picture is slightly later than World Cup Usa, which I recall being the final game with the older pricing scheme, i.e. pre 'Line Editor', which Williams called the 10/94 scheme. You'll need to define the pricing and metering functions by the old-fashioned method, I'm afraid. What pricing is it that you want, though? One of the pre-programmed schemes may suit, the United Kingdom option is 30p 1 Play/50p 2 Plays/£1 4 Plays

Last edited:
Alright, maybe you'll need a Custom scheme, then;

• First verify which coin is connected to which of the machines' 4 input channels. Just go into Switch Edges and note which of the inputs is shown when a coin is accepted. It'll almost certainly be 'Left'/D1 for £1.00, 'Centre'/D2 for 50 pence, 'Right'/D3 for 20 pence and '4th'/D4 for 10 pence
  • Specify a Custom Pricing scheme at A.3 01, allowing access to the individual adjustments
  • Set Left Coin Units to '10', Centre Coin Units to '5', Right Coin Units to '2' and 4th Coin Units to '1'
  • Set Units/Credit to 10, to establish the 'flat' part of the scheme as each £1 (in any combination) purchasing 1 Credit
  • Set Units/Bonus as '20', establishing the incentive of £2 being a bonus point
  • Set Bonus Credits as 1, to bring in the 3rd Credit when a total of £2 is built up
  • The Minimum Units isn't essential, though setting it as 1 should show fractions of credits on the display
That should be alright for £1 1 Play, £2 3 Plays.

If you'd like the bookkeeping totals to accumulate properly, you'll also need a Custom Door scheme,

• Begin by setting A.3 10 to Custom
  • Set Text as £0.00
  • As with the pricing itself, set the Slot Values from A.3 12-15 as £1.00, 0.50, 0.20 and 0.10 successively
The values that follow after the door adjustments are minor adjustments, but watch # 21, Coin Meter Units. If this is anything but Off, the Knocker solenoid drive is re-configured to drive a coin meter instead. It's the source of all those complaints about the Knocker not working for Replay awards.

Last edited:
Just had a factory reset on my TAF and have the same pricing problem. It's now on Germany 5/7 ??

Will the above work on TAF also??

Yes, I think so. It should apply to any Wpc game before Roadshow, which introduced the Line Editor (or 10/94) scheme. The principle is the same as all earlier Williams solid-state games, but the Wpc boardset added the Door Type adjustments to provide a running total of income, in addition to the number of coins inserted in each chute.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom