What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coin mech programming

Jsyjamie

Registered
Alias
Jamie
There is probably an easy solution but I’ve tried a few permutations and got seriously impatient.

Just dropped World Cup Soccer off at its new home in a local pub and thought I would factory reset everything then reprogram the coin mech using Phils video.

Unfortunately I’m not getting adjustmet a3 27, this is a s far as it’s letting me go.

B804D3FC-A3C7-4537-8DBF-01B8E72F0AAE.jpeg

Hello, Theatre of Magic shown in the upper picture is slightly later than World Cup Usa, which I recall being the final game with the older pricing scheme, i.e. pre 'Line Editor', which Williams called the 10/94 scheme. You'll need to define the pricing and metering functions by the old-fashioned method, I'm afraid. What pricing is it that you want, though? One of the pre-programmed schemes may suit, the United Kingdom option is 30p 1 Play/50p 2 Plays/£1 4 Plays

Last edited:
Alright, maybe you'll need a Custom scheme, then;

• First verify which coin is connected to which of the machines' 4 input channels. Just go into Switch Edges and note which of the inputs is shown when a coin is accepted. It'll almost certainly be 'Left'/D1 for £1.00, 'Centre'/D2 for 50 pence, 'Right'/D3 for 20 pence and '4th'/D4 for 10 pence
  • Specify a Custom Pricing scheme at A.3 01, allowing access to the individual adjustments
  • Set Left Coin Units to '10', Centre Coin Units to '5', Right Coin Units to '2' and 4th Coin Units to '1'
  • Set Units/Credit to 10, to establish the 'flat' part of the scheme as each £1 (in any combination) purchasing 1 Credit
  • Set Units/Bonus as '20', establishing the incentive of £2 being a bonus point
  • Set Bonus Credits as 1, to bring in the 3rd Credit when a total of £2 is built up
  • The Minimum Units isn't essential, though setting it as 1 should show fractions of credits on the display
That should be alright for £1 1 Play, £2 3 Plays.

If you'd like the bookkeeping totals to accumulate properly, you'll also need a Custom Door scheme,

• Begin by setting A.3 10 to Custom
  • Set Text as £0.00
  • As with the pricing itself, set the Slot Values from A.3 12-15 as £1.00, 0.50, 0.20 and 0.10 successively
The values that follow after the door adjustments are minor adjustments, but watch # 21, Coin Meter Units. If this is anything but Off, the Knocker solenoid drive is re-configured to drive a coin meter instead. It's the source of all those complaints about the Knocker not working for Replay awards.

Last edited:
Just had a factory reset on my TAF and have the same pricing problem. It's now on Germany 5/7 ??

Will the above work on TAF also??

Yes, I think so. It should apply to any Wpc game before Roadshow, which introduced the Line Editor (or 10/94) scheme. The principle is the same as all earlier Williams solid-state games, but the Wpc boardset added the Door Type adjustments to provide a running total of income, in addition to the number of coins inserted in each chute.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom