What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Coin door HV metal bracket

thewool

Registered
Hi all,

I have a STTNG which is missing the metal bracket on the coin door which when closed, pushes the two switches to cut off the high voltage supply. Don't suppose anyone has one of these in their box of bits by any chance? Obviously I'll pay for it.

Cheers, Kris

Hi, Kris,

Does it look as if the bracket/flange has broken off the door, or the door has been changed at some time? The flange was spot-welded to the door, AIR. I always thought there was too much strain on the flange and switches when closing the door, and used to move the bracket holding the switches to reduce it.

I think Star Trek Next Gen will work alright with the 'Coin Door open' switch open, and the power cut-out switch can be altered so its two circuits are 'made' with the plunger out. The power cut-out (with six terminals) is actually two entirely separate switches, of three terminals each. One is used for the 50v power and the other for 20v.

Look carefully at the lettering on the switch casing. For each section, there are terminals 'Com'(mon), 'NC' (Normally Closed) and 'NO' (Normally Open). Leave the wire on Com alone, and move the other from NO to NC (or vice-versa). The switch should now be 'made' with the plunger out, and would cut off the circuits if it was pushed in.

If you're lucky, though, it may be a '2-way' switch, where the plunger can be pulled further out of the housing. This puts the contacts back in the same state as when the plunger is pushed right in.

Last edited:
Hi both!

I would say the bracket looks like it has never been attached. I can see two blanks in the door where it would attach to but they are like when they were cast (i.e. not punctured). I've attached a photo below of my door (the close up), also found a pic on the net of what I think the bracket would look like (the gold coloured bit).

When I bought the pin from a member on here it was configured so that the HV is cut out was overridden, but with kids and stuff i would rather reinstate the interlock just for safey's sake.

Thanks for any help/advice you can offer!

Kris

cdn_2.retroblast.com_photos_encoders_coindoor_pincoin.jpg

The older type of switch bracket might be suitable, it's basically flat (with an offset formed in it) so that the switch faces forwards and the plunger is operated directly by the inside of the door. Williams only used one holding a single switch, though - they made this change before introducing the safety interlock.

Back
Top Bottom