What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cleaning Wireform Ramp advice needed

strongs

Site Supporter
I’ve got some wireform ramps that are in good shape but have a few small areas of rust in some hard to reach places. What is the best method of getting this off?

I’ve heard of using wire wool so was contemplating using a Brillo Pad or I hear this Evapo rust is good for soaking them in:
https://www.evapo-rust.com/

Try using tin foil dipped in water. You can fold it into the hard to reach areas and it removes rust like a champ. Then buff dry with a cloth.

I’ll give that a try. I assume it will remove any pitting also?

Instead of water will cola better assist?

You could use cola but water should do the trick then after a little autosol on a soft cloth then buff, job done.

cola is better IMO - the mild acid in the coke reacts with the rust....

"The cola contains carbonic acid which reacts with the iron oxide in the rust and breaks the bond with the chrome. The tinfoil is the exact perfect hardness because it’s harder than the rust, but not as hard as the chrome, so it completely destroys the rust while leaving the chrome in perfect condition"

Back
Top Bottom