What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cleaning Invisiglass

JustLikeMe

Site Supporter
Can anyone recommend a good commercially available product for cleaning PDI invisiglass? On normal playfield glass I use a glass cleaning product but I'm aware that PDI glass is treated and that you have to be careful not to damage the coating. I've just been wiping it down with a microfibre cloth since I installed it but both sheets now look like they could do with a proper clean! Any advice would be much appreciated.

I've used just water and a microfibre cloth on mine since last August. Still looks as good as new.

I do not own this glass. So I do not know. Water and microfibre sounds a good way to me.

I just caution anyone that uses ipa on a pinball machine. It is a wonderful product, I use it all the time. But be aware that it knackers your skin, takes the colour out of drop targets alarmingly quickly, and can strip a playfield through to the wood in seconds.

It always needs treating with respect.

Thanks for the input all, I may go the water and fairy liquid route or will investigate halfords product.

Picked up some of this Method glass cleaner from Tesco, £3. It is ammonia free so should be suitable for PDI/InvisiGlass. I was previously using just water on a micro-fibre cloth but there seemed to be a build up of air freshener residue on the glass which water alone would not shift. It has worked a treat.

They also sell one by Seventh Generation which is aslo ammonia free - https://www.seventhgeneration.com/natural-glass-cleaner

20170517_131831.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom