What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Classic Macintosh Restoration and Use - Beige Wonders!

From what I understand (just from reading - nothing practical), the key is uv light alongside the peroxide. Some have reported success with peroxide and uv lighting (uv led strips) in a clear tub for a number of hours... guess it’s just down to what you are trying to remove the staining on...

I’ll get around to doing mine this week... hopefully on a day when the uv is strong...

From what I understand (just from reading - nothing practical), the key is uv light alongside the peroxide. Some have reported success with peroxide and uv lighting (uv led strips) in a clear tub for a number of hours... guess it’s just down to what you are trying to remove the staining on...

I’ll get around to doing mine this week... hopefully on a day when the uv is strong...

yep there’s reading on the internet and then actually doing it in the flesh.😀 my 2 hour process is working nicely

Small update on the classic macs front

I picked up a couple of colour classics to mess with. This it the grail machine i want to mod and upgrade and run maelstrom and lemmings on! Lots of upgrade options for them

First the case and cleaning

Before/arrival

IMG_7362.JPGIMG_7363.JPGIMG_7364.JPGIMG_7367.JPGIMG_7368.JPGIMG_7370.JPGIMG_7372.JPGIMG_7373.JPG

Cleaning/Retrobriting

IMG_7376.JPGIMG_7377.JPGIMG_7378.JPG

After Cleaning

IMG_7380.JPG

IMG_7648.JPG

IMG_7417.JPGIMG_7418.JPGIMG_7419.JPGIMG_7420.JPGIMG_7421.JPGIMG_7422.JPG

Cab Rebuild of analogue board

IMG_7423.JPG

Reassembled with back case off
IMG_7424.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7361.JPG
    IMG_7361.JPG
    182.1 KB · Views: 11
Just a small update on my classic Mac addiction. Now got myself an iMac g4 800. The last Mac that can run the classic os natively. Not a beige wonder but certainly a classic design . Runs super speedy to

Have some 40 vol now... Just waiting for a bit of warmth... so probably around june......

FYI the process of bromide browning nevers stops so once you have peroxide the process will continue and will go brown once more.

If no one wants it, I'll take it[emoji16]

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
Hi Wayne, you are welcome to it/them, but collection only as its a big old beast, i dont know much about it in terms of being operational (we remove the system drives from anything we dispose of). I have 2 and they were likely editing machines back in the day

Drew

Time fore some updates to the iMac iLamp! Seriously a wonderful piece of engineering inside and its shows pretty clearly why apple had to leave the 68000 camp and go over to intel. The heat dissipation needs on these last iMacs G4 PPC chips is crazy

I have this to run os 9 and all my fav old programs and games (timeshock being one of them :))

Thing to upgrade:

HD to SSD 500GB with IDE to SATA adapter plate
Ram Maxed out to 1GB
Airport Extreme card install (though ill probably run from ethernet wired anyway)
Clean inside
Possible DVD RW upgrade
Remove Power PC processor heat pipe/heat think, clean and reapply new heatsink compound and reattach
Replace Internal Battery

Some pics of dissaambly

IMG_9169.JPGIMG_9170.JPGIMG_9171.JPGIMG_9173.JPGIMG_9174.JPG

you can put the plastics out in just the sun and they go lighter someone found it out a few months back. I tried a naomi bezel and it worked

I put my boys Lego Saturn V rocket in the window to get some rays, it went from nicotine yellow back to white in a few weeks.

Chris.

Back
Top Bottom