What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clarke lifting table help...

Julian

Site Supporter
10 Years
So maybe I'm missing something, but I recently purchased a Clarke lifting table with the idea that moving machines from one room to another would be easier.

So I tested it on my Roadshow, I put the machines backbox down, slid the lifting table all the way under the machine from the front, pumped the foot pedal, and 'bugger' it only lifts the front of the machine!!!
The rear 2 legs stay on the ground Yes the lifting table is all the way (well as far as it can go) in, the vertical handle is against the front of the pin.

Am I missing something? Do I have to go in from the back of the machine, kind of defeats the objective if I have to move a machine out before I can move it!

Is it just RS i.e. heavier at the back than others?

How do other Clarke lifters use it?

Cheers

Julian

maybe you bought a short version? can we see a pic?

mine can go in from any direction, front back or side. sounds like yours only works from the side

I think the issue here is like most these lifts the handle. I take it the handle stays in the upright position? Thus not allowing you to push the lift in far enough to take the weight evenly making it tilt back so the back legs stay on the floor. I modified the handle on mine loads of people in pinside have done the same

It would be easier to extend the top so it gets further back under the machine.

also make sure the front of the pin isn't caught on that funny grille thing on the handle itself, that happens quite a bit on mine

I think the issue here is like most these lifts the handle. I take it the handle stays in the upright position? Thus not allowing you to push the lift in far enough to take the weight evenly making it tilt back so the back legs stay on the floor. I modified the handle on mine loads of people in pinside have done the same

Agreed the handle should be movable, but its not.

How did you modify the handle?

i have the same one (or maybe the 300kg one, i'm not sure but both are 815 x 500mm) and can move any machine i've come across with backbox up or down. if it's all the way under and nothing is catching then i'm stumped. you sure it's not being pulled down at the back by the feet or the plug?

peculiar. definitely show us a pic of it under the RS, there's no reason for that one to be any different

Agreed the handle should be movable, but its not.

How did you modify the handle?

Mines a different one but mine had extensions on the end of the handle after the bolts which acted as a stopper so you couldn't lean the handle back. I just cut them off 10 mins and jobs a gooden

after reading what Rudi said about handle mods, i searched Pinside and found this little gem:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/modified-harbor-freight-lift-table

unfortunately these are for different models than the the common UK one which is the red Clarke job. i attach the manual. any clever engineers on here got some ideas? there's no dimensions of the bolts in the manual though, but i'd also like to be able to fold the handle down to get it out of the way.

Attachments

• HTL300-500.pdf
    119.8 KB · Views: 4
i have the same one (or maybe the 300kg one, i'm not sure but both are 815 x 500mm) and can move any machine i've come across with backbox up or down. if it's all the way under and nothing is catching then i'm stumped. you sure it's not being pulled down at the back by the feet or the plug?

peculiar. definitely show us a pic of it under the RS, there's no reason for that one to be any different

I did check and the (your) 300kg model says sits the exact same size table. I will tonight ensue the rear is not being held down by anything, I'm sure its not as I even lifted it yesterday to see how much weight was still there.

I'll also take a photo and measure as to ho far its under that machine and how much its out by, finally I'll try lifting another machine.

Cheers to all for help so far

See my handle folded down when flat b4 but once u put the handle up it kinda locked in place which was a right pain in the rectum. "Not anymore with my patented modification I can now raise and lower my handle with ease. No longer do I have to suffer the ball ache of not being able to push it in far enough". Now only £19.99 if you call now quoting ball ache I'll even throw in a pair of mesh backed driving gloves. Yes folks you heard right a free pair of mesh backed driving gloves hell I'll even throw in free postage......

I need help

See my handle folded down when flat b4 but once u put the handle up it kinda locked in place which was a right pain in the rectum. "Not anymore with my patented modification I can now raise and lower my handle with ease. No longer do I have to suffer the ball ache of not being able to push it in far enough". Now only £19.99 if you call now quoting ball ache I'll even throw in a pair of mesh backed driving gloves. Yes folks you heard right a free pair of mesh backed driving gloves hell I'll even throw in free postage......

I need help

Do you have a photo of your lifting table and the bits? I'd be willing to purchase the bits if you can get another sent.

Ball ACHE!!!!

i'm sat here in a 2 hour training teleconference for my job, so i have cut and pasted most of the great handle modding ideas into one picture rather than do my work - you can either bend the handle, add some extra pipework, make a hinge, add on planks, etc etc etc

Clarke lifter handle detail.jpg

I'll post a pic of the contraption i use when I get home. It's basically one of those pool table trolleys with car jack attached to it!! Crude but bloody effective.

So I have measured my Clarke ****ty table, sorry I meant lifting table.

Its 37" when its under the pin from the front, leaving 16" of no lift at the back! Its not Roadshow (I thought maybe this was just a heavy pin, but Dracula is the same, the trolley lifts just the front!!

Its the red one in cooldan's phtos that bloody vertical handle, I think I need a pipe bender and bend the handle near the bottom mounting part, where is Bender when you need him!!!

My not very helpful input is, anything I've ever bought of the Clarke brand has broken within an extremely short period of time. Drills, pipe benders, battery charger, electric winch, hand winch, trolley jack, compressors and invertors have all failed, to the point that I just simply avoid anything with the Clarke name on it, or anything from Machine Mart...

Mine doesn't work with the back box up if you go in from the front. However with it down it should be fine. is it tilting? If so can you push down on the lock bar when you lift?

My not very helpful input is, anything I've ever bought of the Clarke brand has broken within an extremely short period of time. Drills, pipe benders, battery charger, electric winch, hand winch, trolley jack, compressors and invertors have all failed, to the point that I just simply avoid anything with the Clarke name on it, or anything from Machine Mart...
John, thought you would have learned you lesson with the Clark brand stuff. Why the he'll did you go through so much of the stuff before clicking it's crap.

It was mainly for kitting out my workshop at the time, bought all much at the same time, failed one after the other ... :-(

That's good to know as I am in the market for a jet wash and in Machine Mart when I collected the table I did see a Clarke one and thought it may be better than the Karcher (as its a cheaper).

But now I think I will avoid Clarke...

Mine doesn't work with the back box up if you go in from the front. However with it down it should be fine. is it tilting? If so can you push down on the lock bar when you lift?

Thanks John, I have it sussed now.

I was being a wolly, it transpires that when I was lifting the machine, the front legs come off the ground, and I have to keep lifting.... Although it does look like its not going to list the rear legs it does if I keep going.

I was to worried that I was tipping the machine, when in actual fact the from legs come off the ground a fair way before the back ones do.

Back
Top Bottom