What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cirqus Voltaire

£6000 mate
wink-1.png

Actually - after a PM with replicas - who is a mate and dont wanna argue with again- I think its best I just ebay the thing and leave it to randomness and leave it to fate... At least then I cant be the bad guy, huh? Watch out for a nice CV on eBay in the next few days....

And we wonder why more pins are bypassing the group and going straight to ebay?

I suspect that without the evil Dr Lagertron being involved this would've been a bit of playful banter rather than an homage to the yahoo group!

Wow just clocked on, no publicity is bad publicity and this CV sure has had a lot
biggrin-1.png
, roll on ebay, I may be even tempted to have a punt.

Thats probally a fair price in this crazy times we are going through.

Good luck with the sale big guy.

Tis certainly a nice example there. I asked £3500 for mine which was in an equally good shape although sadly, had some playfield wear that had been repainted. T'was also number 34 of the initial 200 prototype run with the different playfield art and the skinny ringmaster head. It sold pretty quickly outside of ebay so i would expect to see a much higher price when bidding nears the finish.

(theres one on ebay right now for £3300)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FLIPPER-P...eo_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item27c85e998f

I see a lot of 'cashing in the old to pay for the new' going on lately. With the prices of a new LE stern costing £6.5K and JJP's WOZ even more expensive than that it makes sense to try to get as much as possible for the older classics in order to fund the purchase. That, or theres plenty of nice summer toys to be had for that kind of money.

Next pin for me is Predator. If i'm going to pay daft money for these things, then i want new all the way. I would have had an X-men pro, but the lack of features put me right off and 6.5k would buy me a very fast vehicular weapon so sod the LE too.

Rus121' date=' post: 1694780 said:
Tis certainly a nice example there. I asked £3500 for mine which was in an equally good shape although sadly, had some playfield wear that had been repainted. T'was also number 34 of the initial 200 prototype run with the different playfield art and the skinny ringmaster head. It sold pretty quickly outside of ebay so i would expect to see a much higher price when bidding nears the finish.

(theres one on ebay right now for £3300)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FLIPPER-P...eo_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item27c85e998f

I see a lot of 'cashing in the old to pay for the new' going on lately. With the prices of a new LE stern costing £6.5K and JJP's WOZ even more expensive than that it makes sense to try to get as much as possible for the older classics in order to fund the purchase. That, or theres plenty of nice summer toys to be had for that kind of money.

Next pin for me is Predator. If i'm going to pay daft money for these things, then i want new all the way. I would have had an X-men pro, but the lack of features put me right off and 6.5k would buy me a very fast vehicular weapon so sod the LE too.

Agree. Can buy a NIB for same price as some of the classics and with increased competition, Stern are finally producing good games again.

I am still thinking re xmen as the pro may play faster without pop up toys and moving ramp. Doesnt have the spinner but its 2k cheaper!! Lets see how it plays.

Whist it is nice thinking of NIB havent played anything new that is as good as some of the classics but that might change soon .

Early preorderers of WOZ got a really good price. Its now $1000 more if you want one.

The xmen pro may well play faster, but i want to wait for the gameplay vids before i decide what to do. If you want one, talk to Andy Heighway. He's a great guy and may take other machines in part ex for the new xmen pin. I am considering doing this myself and may still end up doing so if the pro version is any good.

Must admit I think I will always love the old machines over new Sterns, nothing to do with game play just the feel of the machine, one feels just right, the other feels oh so flimsy, not knocking anyone as I appreciate that a company has to do what it has to do to survive, just a personal thing, maybe JJP's machines will feel more like the real thing in which case I would consider a NIB but until then I will stick with the old school as a preference.

Rus121' date=' post: 1694812 said:
Early preorderers of WOZ got a really good price. Its now $1000 more if you want one.

The xmen pro may well play faster, but i want to wait for the gameplay vids before i decide what to do. If you want one, talk to Andy Heighway. He's a great guy and may take other machines in part ex for the new xmen pin. I am considering doing this myself and may still end up doing so if the pro version is any good.

UK buyers didn't get the pre-order price through distributors, only if they ordered direct from Jack, which most of us didn't as by the time you sorted out VAT, shipping, customs charges etc. the price difference was negligible. I don't know who has been quoting you prices but I'd be very surprised if anyone has paid more than £6500

I was on original WOZ pre-order and IF I had stayed on it, my total cost was just over £5500 for the LE ( that includes VAT, shipping, customs ). With hindsight, maybe it wasnt a great decision to back out:confused:

Sorry, my bad. I got the US dollar price mixed up. It was $6500 for the preorder up until the 1st of July. As of now, the price direct from JJP is $7000. For some reason i was certain the early orders were $6000 but i cant confirm that anywhere at the mo...

Haha, still not quite right. The LEs were $6500 early doors, then $7500. Its the standard editions that are now $7000

My point was the price from UK distributors didnt change regardless of how early you ordered. And none of them were over £6500 because I asked them all before I ordered

Just pointing out that WOZ is priced the same or less than Sterns new games, not more as you suggested
wink-1.png

Ok, ok , i get it. Thanks.

My original point was the fact i noticed many selling the old to pay for the new, not which manufacturer has the cheapest pins or not.

Lets face it, if people are prepared to blow that kind of money on a pin, then they wont be too fussed about spending an extra several hundred quid if the theme clicks with them. After all, you pay up or get sweet FA,.. right?

Sorry for the thread jack here. Its not often you see CV's for sale then BAM, three at once....

Hopefully all these new pins will free up all the cv's, afm's, mm's etc. Theres plenty about, people just haven't been selling for so long!

Must say image getting sick of waiting for WOZ now, hopefully wont have to wait til Xmas to get it

I used to own a CV but ended up doing a deal with someone and I got their SMan.And we were both happy - result:)

Used to play CV a lot when there was one in Rhyl.

Shame more games never put the dmd at the back of the playfield - looks better there imo

TYHO' date=' post: 1694918 said:
I used to own a CV but ended up doing a deal with someone and I got their SMan.And we were both happy - result:)

Used to play CV a lot when there was one in Rhyl.

Shame more games never put the dmd at the back of the playfield - looks better there imo

Yeh, Thought about that myself , why no other machine had the DMD mounted at the back of the playfield.

Far better location ?

Back
Top Bottom