What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chief Coffee Pinball

Been too long since I've been! I've got a couple of meetings in London coming up, don't suppose there's anywhere close by to park for the day?

I normally dump the car at Westfield as it's cheap and I can get a free Supercharge but it's not the easiest to get to/from Turnham Green. If not, I'm sure I'll be about for football again at some point.

If you want to park at Westfield it’s 10 -12 mins on the 237 or 94 bus to Chief. Or lots of paid parking in streets surrounding chief

Thanks, not sure I've been on a bus in 20 years! Didn't even think about that as I always used the tube.

If you want to park at Westfield it’s 10 -12 mins on the 237 or 94 bus to Chief. Or lots of paid parking in streets surrounding chief
Ah - the 237 - used to get that one home from Hammersmith (well, end of Goldhawk Rd) to Hounslow when I didn't fancy the tube (& for the life of me I can't remember why that would be so)

Ah - the 237 - used to get that one home from Hammersmith (well, end of Goldhawk Rd) to Hounslow when I didn't fancy the tube (& for the life of me I can't remember why that would be so)

My brother used to drive that bus as well as the 283.

Plenty of parking near Chief.

Did pop in for an hour and got 1.38 BN on third game. Tilted out a big bonus. Still no idea what I'm doing so need to learn the rules beyond how a start a multi ball. Glad AIQ is going. Worst Elwin game although it's still good just not my bag.

Did pop in for an hour and got 1.38 BN on third game. Tilted out a big bonus. Still no idea what I'm doing so need to learn the rules beyond how a start a multi ball. Glad AIQ is going. Worst Elwin game although it's still good just not my bag.
😁😁

Visited Chief Coffee today and was really looking forward to it - what a **** hole. Pins were filthy, flipper rubbers need replacing and parts or features missing or not working on some - real shame that some lovely pins are in such a sorry state. Maybe my expectations were too high 🤷🏼‍♂️
The pins didn’t match the ones listed on the website either and there were only 6 (website says 8).
It’s great when there’s collections of pins to play in a public space but as soon as they look neglected it ruins the experience.

Hi Andy, wow that’s pretty harsh. Cactus canyon is switched off waiting for a spare part. What wasn’t working or to your satisfaction exactly?
Yes a couple rubbers may need replacing.

Playfields were absolutely filthy on MM, GB and GZ with the others not as bad but still in need of a clean. Slimer missing from GB, Creature not working on MB, MM not registering shots into the castle most of the time and didn’t register the MB lock at all.
The flipper rubbers on MB & MM should have been changed a long time ago, the tips are very heavily worn through & filthy.
Also with a non working arcade machine & sack barrow dumped in the same room and the dirty table and chairs it wasn’t a nice environment to spend any time in (certainly doesn’t match the description on the website as this sets expectations quite high)

Apologies, I wasn’t aware of those issues. Medieval castle has been working fine recently, I will adjust the necessary switch and look into the MB creature shot tonight.
Yes, the pFs could do with a wipe down and thanks for flagging up the flipper rubbers on MB and MM, I had not noticed.
Will also make sure the baristas wipe down the coffee table in the pinball lounge, it s very busy on Saturdays generally so they are busy making coffee and serving customers.
The vewlix arcade machine has sold and is awaiting collection to make room for more pins soon.
Slimer will be replaced soon on GB.
Thanks for visiting anyway and flagging the problems, have a good rest of your weekend

Ticked boxes -

MM castle switch adjusted/fixed

MB creature switch adjusted/fixed

Playfields clean enough to eat your dinner off
(See before and after MM & MB pics, notice one months worth of ‘filthy’ trail marks vanished!)

Flagged flipper rubbers changed

Glass wiped (both sides!) with Windolene

Magliner aka ‘sack barrow’ moved into stock room

Coffee table sanitised and croissant crumbs swept up

Slimer and cactus back soon!

We aim to please 😅0972B324-C857-4C2F-B052-42E1DCC2D4CF.jpeg72C757B7-16E0-4C53-B123-550C8879FB1E.jpeg2A2B498F-CF3C-4763-912B-7D393AE65B79.jpegA6FD286D-EC3D-44D3-8896-D0DB53F3D817.jpegC176D61D-F656-4E83-BDFB-D8AAD1D9FDB3.jpegB0D046AA-E3C2-473D-97DB-EA31A18AE7FA.jpeg

Last edited:
Ticked boxes -

MM castle switch adjusted/fixed

MB creature switch adjusted/fixed

Playfields clean enough to eat your dinner off
(See before and after MM & MB pics, notice one months worth of ‘filthy’ trail marks vanished!)

Flagged flipper rubbers changed

Glass wiped (both sides!) with Windolene

Magliner aka ‘sack barrow’ moved into stock room

Coffee table sanitised and croissant crumbs swept up

Slimer and cactus back soon!

We aim to please 😅View attachment 188124View attachment 188125

Some people really are spoiled and to call @Chief out publically instead of a PM when you know he is on here is a bit rich. I assume those are before and after pics of MM??? If so it's not "filthy"

I don't know if you did, but I would have asked to speak to the owner about the issues. It's a wonder people put pins on site at all, not everyone has time to check them as they should. A little nudge would certainly help rather than what has been done here.

HERE is a demonstration of a FILTHY site game FFS:

DSC04561 (Large).JPG

Some people really are spoiled and to call @Chief out publically instead of a PM when you know he is on here is a bit rich. I assume those are before and after pics of MM??? If so it's not "filthy"

I don't know if you did, but I would have asked to speak to the owner about the issues. It's a wonder people put pins on site at all, not everyone has time to check them as they should. A little nudge would certainly help rather than what has been done here.

HERE is a demonstration of a FILTHY site game FFS:

View attachment 188200
Iv seen even worse then that :D

Games on location take such a battering totally different to being in your house. We should appreciate any one them that puts them out there for us to play :)

Mentioned it on the thread as I felt very let down, the photos don’t show it well at all so believe when I say they were filthy. There were more issues as mentioned above and even more I kept to myself. It’s a public forum, if someone now visits with low expectations they’ll probably have a much better experience than I did going there with high expectations.
The owners put it right & thanked me for feedback - no harm done.

To be fair MM, MB and GZ were not ‘filthy’ as you suggest and the photos are a pretty decent representation.
What other issues did you keep to yourself? I played the games last night with a friend and no problems we could find. So please share and we’ll get them looked into

Mentioned it on the thread as I felt very let down, the photos don’t show it well at all so believe when I say they were filthy. There were more issues as mentioned above and even more I kept to myself. It’s a public forum, if someone now visits with low expectations they’ll probably have a much better experience than I did going there with high expectations.
Can you go visit Three Business, now that’s a **** service :D

To be fair MM, MB and GZ were not ‘filthy’ as you suggest and the photos are a pretty decent representation.
What other issues did you keep to yourself? I played the games last night with a friend and no problems we could find. So please share and we’ll get them looked into
I’ll PM you the other issues to save upsetting anyone.
Ghostbusters was black! It certainly was filthy. And you say you couldn’t find any issues after previously saying you’ve adjusted & fixed them ??
I was disappointed, you thanked me for feedback but are now back tracking. I’ll just leave it there.
Anyone reading this I highly recommend you visit Chief Coffee for yourself and don’t let my experience influence your decision please 👍

I’m not backtracking. I could not find any other issues, other than the ones you posted previously on here. Ghostbusters is not black as you suggest. But I don’t have time for this, so anyway enjoy your Sunday evening

Hospitality is taking a real kicking atm, a lot of business owners including myself are ruined by stress and anxiety due to the current business climate post covid and during this living crisis.

Sometimes things slip but only takes an email to get those things sorted and eyes back on the ball

Sam (@Chief) is a proper stand up guy who I have great admiration for.

If it wasn’t for my customers letting me know via text, email and socials I’d never know about half the issues at Tilt as I rarely play on all 20 within a month.

Hospitality is taking a real kicking atm, a lot of business owners including myself are ruined by stress and anxiety due to the current business climate post covid and during this living crisis.

Sometimes things slip but only takes an email to get those things sorted and eyes back on the ball

Sam (@Chief) is a proper stand up guy who I have great admiration for.

If it wasn’t for my customers letting me know via text, email and socials I’d never know about half the issues at Tilt as I rarely play on all 20 within a month.
That a fair comment Kirk, I appreciate that. Here’s why I was surprised though, I know of 3 pinball clubs. One of these has 60 (ish) pins, the other 2 have around 30. All 3 of these clubs maintain their pins to a high standard and all 3 of these clubs are a lot cheaper than Chief - who only has 6 pins! It could be better - that’s all.

Been to Chief Coffee plenty of times and it's had the occasional game off like all operators do-but I've always found the machines in fair condition considering how much play they get.

I understand, like I said it's a very modern thing to just type it all out on a keyboard instead of going to speak to someone. I've been to Chief a few times, the coffee is epic. When I've noticed issues with games, I've spoken to Sam and either fixed them for him or he's fixed them. I did the same at Retroids recently and have done so with Kirk at Tilt!

Back
Top Bottom