What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! Cheap RFM

insx

Registered
Alias
Tim S
Cheap RFM wanted, computer or monitor problems not a big deal, playfield should be decent. Somewhere near Essex preferred.

What sort of price are you looking at?

I just bought an RFM which needs a lot of work but from the pics available the playfield didn't look bad. Trouble is I have too many projects on at the moment and depending on whether or not I think the game is worthy of a restore when it arrives, I might just move it on instead.

£700 - £800, which a few have gone for lately. The playfield is the main thing that I don't want to have to mess around with. Years ago I got one from Arcade Warehouse (which they of course described as "very good") and the SOL hole was more like a crater. I found out that my woodwork skills were not all that and my painting skills are worse. I really miss the game though.

Yep, 2 on ebay in the last few weeks (well, one was just over £800) and someone I know paid £700 recently.

I have once coming to me that is hopefully fairly decent and doesn't need much doing. More than I wanted to pay but I decided to stop chasing the fabled £700 fixer uppers and £950 minters that I'll never be in the right place at the right time for.

Reactions: JT.
Wow, I must be well out of touch. I'd have priced RFM a fair bit higher than these numbers I'm reading.

Think RFM took a nose dive last year. They were up to the 1600-1800 mark. Surprised that you can pick one up for under a grand I paid more than that 5 years ago, Prices are all over the shop at the moment. Some machines are going for 75% of last years prices but other titles (like JP) are almost twice as much. Inevitably I think supply has a lot to do with it, there's several new titles due to come out in the next 6 months which might have dented the top end of the market. Part of me also wonders if the upcoming election has people holding off buying toys for themselves.

;)
I remember when it was all green fields round here....

I know Pinpedia is a bit of a wild card as it's only ebay prices but look at the range below. Looks like anything from £800 up to £2600. Large amount going for over 2k. I wouldn't have thought they could all be shillded. More up and down action that one of Dan's videos.

Well done to the OP for getting it under a grand
It's an acquired taste. Mine sat in the corner for ages as it was too ****ing heavy to bother to shift and sell on;).
Hopefully this is a sign of downward price pressure but who knows. I'm still trying to understand that Congo is no longer a sub grand machine

upload_2015-4-3_8-53-29.png

;)
I remember when it was all green fields round here....

I know Pinpedia is a bit of a wild card as it's only ebay prices but look at the range below. Looks like anything from £800 up to £2600. Large amount going for over 2k. I wouldn't have thought they could all be shillded. More up and down action that one of Dan's videos.

Well done to the OP for getting it under a grand
It's an acquired taste. Mine sat in the corner for ages as it was too ****ing heavy to bother to shift and sell on;).
Hopefully this is a sign of downward price pressure but who knows. I'm still trying to understand that Congo is no longer a sub grand machine

View attachment 15342

+1 on this. Every RFM I've seen has been in the £1600 too £2000+ range.

The one listed there for £800 is the broken one I'm busy restoring. It was more or less completely trashed, already spent £1000 in parts on it.

The one listed there for £800 is the broken one I'm busy restoring. It was more or less completely trashed, already spent £1000 in parts on it.

And to think I was sorry to miss out on it.

Back
Top Bottom