What's new

Found it! Cheap RFM

insx

Registered
Alias
Tim S
Cheap RFM wanted, computer or monitor problems not a big deal, playfield should be decent. Somewhere near Essex preferred.

What sort of price are you looking at?

I just bought an RFM which needs a lot of work but from the pics available the playfield didn't look bad. Trouble is I have too many projects on at the moment and depending on whether or not I think the game is worthy of a restore when it arrives, I might just move it on instead.

£700 - £800, which a few have gone for lately. The playfield is the main thing that I don't want to have to mess around with. Years ago I got one from Arcade Warehouse (which they of course described as "very good") and the SOL hole was more like a crater. I found out that my woodwork skills were not all that and my painting skills are worse. I really miss the game though.

Yep, 2 on ebay in the last few weeks (well, one was just over £800) and someone I know paid £700 recently.

I have once coming to me that is hopefully fairly decent and doesn't need much doing. More than I wanted to pay but I decided to stop chasing the fabled £700 fixer uppers and £950 minters that I'll never be in the right place at the right time for.

Reactions: JT.
Wow, I must be well out of touch. I'd have priced RFM a fair bit higher than these numbers I'm reading.

Think RFM took a nose dive last year. They were up to the 1600-1800 mark. Surprised that you can pick one up for under a grand I paid more than that 5 years ago, Prices are all over the shop at the moment. Some machines are going for 75% of last years prices but other titles (like JP) are almost twice as much. Inevitably I think supply has a lot to do with it, there's several new titles due to come out in the next 6 months which might have dented the top end of the market. Part of me also wonders if the upcoming election has people holding off buying toys for themselves.

;)
I remember when it was all green fields round here....

I know Pinpedia is a bit of a wild card as it's only ebay prices but look at the range below. Looks like anything from £800 up to £2600. Large amount going for over 2k. I wouldn't have thought they could all be shillded. More up and down action that one of Dan's videos.

Well done to the OP for getting it under a grand
It's an acquired taste. Mine sat in the corner for ages as it was too ****ing heavy to bother to shift and sell on;).
Hopefully this is a sign of downward price pressure but who knows. I'm still trying to understand that Congo is no longer a sub grand machine

upload_2015-4-3_8-53-29.png

;)
I remember when it was all green fields round here....

I know Pinpedia is a bit of a wild card as it's only ebay prices but look at the range below. Looks like anything from £800 up to £2600. Large amount going for over 2k. I wouldn't have thought they could all be shillded. More up and down action that one of Dan's videos.

Well done to the OP for getting it under a grand
It's an acquired taste. Mine sat in the corner for ages as it was too ****ing heavy to bother to shift and sell on;).
Hopefully this is a sign of downward price pressure but who knows. I'm still trying to understand that Congo is no longer a sub grand machine

View attachment 15342

+1 on this. Every RFM I've seen has been in the £1600 too £2000+ range.

The one listed there for £800 is the broken one I'm busy restoring. It was more or less completely trashed, already spent £1000 in parts on it.

The one listed there for £800 is the broken one I'm busy restoring. It was more or less completely trashed, already spent £1000 in parts on it.

And to think I was sorry to miss out on it.

Back
Top Bottom