What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CGC Monster Bash Remake

Pablo-UK

Site Supporter
Alias
Paul
Hi all does anyone know if all UK MBRs will be shipped together LE Matched, Non matched, SE, CE etc
What's the shipping time from USA?

CGC reckon they are starting international production early Feb

Just curious when we will expect them in the UK?

Cant wait for my first ever BNIB pin to arrive LE MBR.

How many of you have also ordered an MBR?

Last edited:
Yes I've got a serial matched LE on order. I asked Phil about this on Friday, he hasn't heard anything from CGC yet. But CGC came clean that they had a problem with Playfield quality that looks like has cost them 3 weeks of build time for the serial matched LE's so same for non-serial matched LEs.

I hope its better than AFMR; because of the serial number matching; Phil had to collect the money for CGC in July and the game arrived December 21st! - although Phil did offer to air freight it. It wasn't a big deal for me as I had no where to put it in anycase, but now I do! :D

Then Doug told me they didn't actually build my game until November, verified by the build date on the back of it which was a plus point anyway as it meant they'd ironed out the kinks on building it and didn't want it sitting for months in a dusty stock room.

I'm hoping that they are more sequential on the build and have got supply chain sorted. The flipped between MMR and AFMR and the different versions a couple of times which meant that the SM-LE, LE, SE, CE where all built well apart from each other and that meant the UK shipment didn't move for ages...

Cheers,
Neil.

All the Pinball heaven order will ship in one container it’s not cost affective to ship in dribs and drabs normally about 2 weeks to land in uk from shipping from the states
Hope it’s a slow one Chris, I still haven’t told the wife I bought one yet! Just gotta find the right time hehe

From Ryan at CGC!

I want to provide a quick update on Monster Bash production. First off, I apologize for the delays in LE production.
As many of you know, we manufacture all of our playfields in house. Each MB playfield is carefully hand silk screened with ten spot colors. This is how the original playfields were manufactured. The spot colors create a color spectrum far richer and wider than what can be produced using four-color process. Each playfield we produce is a unique handcrafted piece of art with its own unique characteristics.
I believe we are the only pinball machine manufacturer still utilizing spot colors on our playfields. Some have moved away from screen printing altogether and now digitally print their playfields in four-color process. Digitally printing is certainly more consistent and far less expensive but it comes with certain compromises.
We are trying to keep the bar as high as possible and not compromise quality. I believe with few exceptions the playfields we have shipped in every Monster Bash have been beautiful. We do hold even higher standards for playfields going into LEs. To date, our production has yielded less LE worthy playfields than we hoped. As a result, we have produced more SEs and CEs than originally scheduled (and less LEs).
We have made several changes in the screen printing process and we are finally seeing much improved results. These results are starting to allowing us to move more quickly through production of LEs.
The number of people participating in our serial number matching program far exceeded our expectations - there were 246 participants in total.
We are anticipating completing all domestic serial number matching program LEs by February 1, 2019. After that we will focus on the balance of domestic and international LEs.
I want to thank everyone for their support and allowing us to do work that we love.

hopefully that means when the LE's are finished I guess by the end of Feb they will all then ship...

Hope it’s a slow one Chris, I still haven’t told the wife I bought one yet! Just gotta find the right time hehe

LOL I start that with. Just bought an X from Phil, he had some "insert excuse" and did me an epic deal didn't have a choice but to put the money down right away otherwise would have lost out on the epic deal.

folks with an original MB - does yours have a knocker in it? I was sure mine did, but apparently its a sound effect?!!!!

Neil, do you have serial matched MM, AFM and MB remakes ?
Will you continue with each CGC release ?

I have MM and AFM matched and MB matched on order. Future Will depend on the game - the only other two remakes I’m interested in is ToM and if it’s expanded in code CC. But the strong rumour is the next CGC game is a new game and not a remake.

Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

According to a few folks on pinside MB and CC didn’t have knockers? As the remake doesn’t have one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Green side bars and legs look nasty. Why do they do that on LE's

you could choose silver or black on AFMR and I have to admit when I saw the pictures I didn't like the look of it but I saw it well ahead of getting mine and the green looks outstanding in person.

Neil.

Just had a thought

Does MBR have invisiglass of any sort or is it a JJP thing?
JJP do a type of Inviglass.
There is also PDI/Roman’s glass that you can buy, which is supposedly better. Only have the latter, so can’t comment, but very happy with what I have. Think Stern also flog it now too, can’t recall their brand name though.

CGC might not sell it, as Neil says.

What was the last WPC95 to have a knocker then? Or was it a technical limitation specific to Monster Bash? Congo has one, as does AFM. Not owned any others.

Does No Good Gofers have a knocker, I don’t recall it not having one, that was the game that came out before MB.

What was the last WPC95 to have a knocker then? Or was it a technical limitation specific to Monster Bash? Congo has one, as does AFM. Not owned any others.

Cost cutting! There was no reason to remove it really other than this, as specifically on monster bash, coil drive 7 is unused in the list. (Could have been added back in as an option by cgc really easily. I've been surprised by how popular real knockers are when adding it back in to my revenge code updates as an option.)

For those interested, here is my 'Knocker Game Inclusion List' for WPC-95 onwards :) Created from memory and manual info!

Congo - Yes
Attack From Mars - Yes
Safe Cracker - No
TOTAN - Yes
Scared Stiff - Yes
Junk Yard - Yes
NBA Fastbreak - No
Medieval Madness - Yes
Cirque Voltaire - No
No Good Gofers - No
The Champian Pub - No
Monster Bash - No
Cactus Canyon - No

Revenge From Mars - No
SWEP1 - No

So that puts the last Bally game as Scared Stiff and the last Williams Game as Medieval Madness

I just got word from Chicago Gaming that our Monster Bash games are on the line in 2 weeks time! So not much longer to wait folks.

I got 1 extra LE (I was sold out) if anyone wants to grab it, also got a couple of the standard versions coming over.

Phil

Back
Top Bottom