What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cftbl holograms

darren_ross

Registered
I have been looking for reproduction holograms and have come across the one from henrik at pinball dreams which is no longer available. In my opinion it doesn't seem close enough to the original hologram. Although it's very good i would prefer a like for like reproduction ,which I'm aware of isn't possible without the original model.

Also come across the LCD holo repro. Which is also not available. This has an original mode so you can give some originality to the game but i don't think this one is for me.

Is there anybody else doing these halograms out there or is it something I'm going to have to wait for? Thanks

Last edited:
I'm also in need of a hologram OR the lcd screen upgrade (but again this is impossible to get hold of).

Is there actually p-roc upgrade for CFTBL? The one for CC looks sick.

Is there actually p-roc upgrade for CFTBL? The one for CC looks sick.

No, I just think it would be a great idea. To be honest the hologram does nothing for me, cool when you first see it but after that it just devalues the machine when it doesnt work any more. Stick a lower playfield in its place like Elektra/congo/acdc etc, add 3 ball multiball. Perfect machine for a proc project. Sadly I have none of the skills to do it :)

No, I just think it would be a great idea. To be honest the hologram does nothing for me, cool when you first see it but after that it just devalues the machine when it doesnt work any more. Stick a lower playfield in its place like Elektra/congo/acdc etc, add 3 ball multiball. Perfect machine for a proc project. Sadly I have none of the skills to do it :)

A new hologram is definitely cool to look at but the problem is it doesn't come on enough, like for example if a casual player doesn't reach multiball then they're very unlikely to see it. What a waste.

Agree with the p-roc though, the standard rules are just too shallow. I never understood why this is an A-list pin.

A new hologram is definitely cool to look at but the problem is it doesn't come on enough, like for example if a casual player doesn't reach multiball then they're very unlikely to see it. What a waste.

Agree with the p-roc though, the standard rules are just too shallow. I never understood why this is an A-list pin.
Standard rules to shallow. ******** I'm speechless, Creature is a classic and when it a all comes together it's the best pay off of any pinball.
The way you can go for the single jackpot or risk it to double, triple or even quadruple.
Have you ever played the game or are you just slating a true classic ???
Think I'll put you into the people I don't like category. :mad:

Standard rules to shallow. ******** I'm speechless, Creature is a classic and when it a all comes together it's the best pay off of any pinball.
The way you can go for the single jackpot or risk it to double, triple or even quadruple.
Have you ever played the game or are you just slating a true classic ???
Think I'll put you into the people I don't like category. :mad:

It is truly boring, but nice to look at and has quirky music. I mean what is there actually to do on it? Spell film in about 4 shots, get multiball, get jackpots.... erm, that's it!

Yeah it's got a little video mode and the 'move your car' feature. Couple of other small shots to go for but nothing that really mean's anything.

It belongs in the C to D list, i.e. starter pins. The Hook I'm restoring seems to have more features than CFTBL lol.

And yes, I own one. ;)

I am with Daz on this one, as it comes together Creature is one if the best games ever. Two ball multiball is more than enough. Do you keep one ball in the Jet bumpers to keep it safe and increase the jackpot or do you use it to increase the multiplier, or do you do both and not look for the girl? Then you find the girl and are you ready to collect, or get another multiplier? Now you get more jet bumpers and go for super jackpot.
Meanwhile, there is hopefully an awesome green glow and a hologram show creech waving menacingly at you.

Well yeah, but that's another thing - 2 ball multiball? Please. 4 or 5 ball multi is much more entertaining.

Had some friends over at the weekend and I had 3 pins set up - Johnny Mnemonic, Creature, and Road Show. Everyone wanted to play Johnny mostly but Road Show was the 2nd favourite. No one was all that interested in Creature. Think that says it all really.

Haha! Tbh, they aren't even into pinball.

Maybe it's just an old people thing - us young'uns prefer something a bit faster with more action and excitement! :p

Haha! Tbh, they aren't even into pinball.

Maybe it's just an old people thing - us young'uns prefer something a bit faster with more action and excitement! :p
You getting yourself an apollo 13? Sounds right up your street ;). 13 balls bouncing off the ceiling with wet noodles to hit them with:rofl::rofl:

Well yeah, but that's another thing - 2 ball multiball? Please. 4 or 5 ball multi is much more entertaining.

Had some friends over at the weekend and I had 3 pins set up - Johnny Mnemonic, Creature, and Road Show. Everyone wanted to play Johnny mostly but Road Show was the 2nd favourite. No one was all that interested in Creature. Think that says it all really.
Totally agree, Creature is rubbish. A sub 1k pin if ever I saw one, I'll do you a favour and take it off your hands for 1k so you can buy a far more fun pin. Let me know a good time to come over...cash ok?

I used to think that and vowed never to have another CFTBL after owning 3 or so but I was forced (really, thanks Duncan ;)) to take the one I have and it just clicked, all the different objectives and building the jackpot during multiball is great, the fact there are only 2 balls just adds more pressure. Such a cool looking game even when its not being played also. Never did understand why it is a "install 3 balls" game though :hmm:

John Trudeau> Three ball multiball was way too disruptive. The shots available during the multiball play were blocked most of the time and didn't open up until one of the balls were lost. There was such a significant difference in the play that we decided to make it a two-ball game. I don't know why the third ball is needed to start it up.............perhaps we just neglected to take it out.

Jeff Johnson> the two ball multiball was chosen for many reasons, the main one being that with 3 balls out on the playfield it becomes to chaotic. I never liked 3,4,5,6 ball multiballs which came into fad later. I liked simple rules and elegance and two balls achieved that.

Creech oozes charm. Good game, but it is a simple rinse and repeat ruleset. How excited you get about the Multiball / Jackpot play seems to be the decider. In that way it's a little like Drac, not actually that much to do in game, with a limited number of shots, but if the Multiball stack thing floats yr boat you'll love it. And again, a game oozing atmosphere.

Sent from my Puff The Magic Dragon using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks Darren, that does make sense as its not exactly a wide open playfield. Having said that it is nice shooting the 2nd ball out of the way on the big ramp while you mess about with jackpots etc with the other so that could have been part of the challenge getting the excess balls out of the way. Going to wander down the garden and have a game right now :)

Grizz, when did you get a dragon and can I give it a stroke next time I see you?

Totally agree, Creature is rubbish. A sub 1k pin if ever I saw one, I'll do you a favour and take it off your hands for 1k so you can buy a far more fun pin. Let me know a good time to come over...cash ok?

As much as I dislike the game I'm keeping mine as an investment, seems there are plenty of suckers out there prepared to pay top price for it, because they think it's such an awesome pin! More fool them.

John Trudeau> Three ball multiball was way too disruptive. .

Ah yes, John Trudeau. Isn't he to blame for so many other atrocities in pinball?

As much as I dislike the game I'm keeping mine as an investment, seems there are plenty of suckers out there prepared to pay top price for it, because they think it's such an awesome pin! More fool them.

Ah yes, John Trudeau. Isn't he to blame for so many other atrocities in pinball?

Did you get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning ;-)

I wasn't actually aware of the building up of jackpot as I'm not actually good enough to keep the 2 balls in play haha. That and for whatever reason my left flipper can't shoot up any ramps when the hologram is lit! Googled it and apparently it's optos leakage. Will have to address this.

I'm one of those fools up paid top dollar for this pin then. I just wanted this pin as i think it is the best looking pin out there and nobody was prepared to sell. That alone boosts the price of these.

Don't think i will ever sell mine anyway and if it ever goes caput I'm sticking a duvet in it and getting rid of the bed:clap::thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom