What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

central manchester - what a sh1thole?

DRD

Registered
Looking forward to the manchester pinball expo......

For my sins I lived in the centre of manchester for 12 years. The city was indeed a sh1thole in the early 90s but has been radically improved since then

There is an exceptional Indian restaurant in the centre of manchester that I go to with my friends when I visit manchester.

http://akbars.co.uk/manchester

It is called akbars on liverpool road opposite the museum of science and industry. It led to the former best Indian restaurant in the city centre, shimla pinks, closing down as it became the top spot overnight. It is so popular that three other Indian restaurants opened in the same street to take its overflow

If noone has identified a suitable place for a Saturday night meal, I would strongly recommend this place. If enough folk want to go then it may be possible to book a table. If there is no booking folk will have to wait a long time after about 8pm

Once in central manchester, there are plenty of great bars these days

I am no organiser of nights out, but if someone is up for doing so might I suggest this place

D

Can't go wrong with the Printworks in Manchester for an evening spot, China town too!

For me, the Saturday meal will consist of whatever pizza's Dan brings to the lock-in :)

Event city is fookin miles away, be a tram into town.

My hotel is near Warrington so it'll be a meal and a pint in wetherspoons after the event and a few beers back at the hotel.

Now then, now then, now then, we may have a bunch of lonely farmers but you've got Jimmy & Co :eek::rofl:and don't get me started on dead pig head shafting :D

jim.jpg

Last edited:
Event city is fookin miles away, be a tram into town.
There are no trams anywhere near Event City.
It is about 6 miles "into town" - about 45 mins by public transport (bus!)...or by taxi 20 mins & £15 (??on a Saturday night??).
Even the Trafford Centre food court is a good 10 min walk from Event City & you would have to book in advance.

Clearly the best bet is to come & have pizza at the lock-in :thumbs:
(still some places left - email me at nba@ukpinball.com)

Regards,
Dan.

And right you are, I'm always getting media city mixed up with event city doh!

There are no trams anywhere near Event City.
It is about 6 miles "into town" - about 45 mins by public transport (bus!)...or by taxi 20 mins & £15 (??on a Saturday night??).
Even the Trafford Centre food court is a good 10 min walk from Event City & you would have to book in advance.

Clearly the best bet is to come & have pizza at the lock-in :thumbs:
(still some places left - email me at nba@ukpinball.com)

Regards,
Dan.
Event city is opposite the Trafford Centre approx 200metres to food court . If it takes 10 minutes to walk 200 metres then get yourself a new pair of legs mate lol

Go through John Lewis entrance up escalators straight down then first left and your in the Orient... better known as the food court. I'm off there myself shortly for a visit to the KFC. It takes 4-5 min tops and that's with a wooden leg and 60 kg rucksack.

Think I'd be more inclined to say 10 mins is closer, bearing in mind Event City entrance is the opposite side of the building to the Trafford Centre. Unless you're Mo Farah?

Opposite event city is a large roundabout. Cross over and enter John Lewis. This is the quickest route to the food court. I live 2 miles away so I'm not making it up honestly. You could get a crispy creme donut or a millies cookie (upper mall) on the way and still get there on time.

Not sure if there's an entrance to the Trafford Centre on this route but it's further if you use the John Lewis entrance :p

Screen Shot 2015-09-29 at 17.19.21.png

What difference does it make?!? - just come to the lock-in & have pizza...your food will be within arms reach of a pinball machine :p
(though I will be providing hand-wipes....we'll have no pizza covered lock-down bars or flipper buttons thank-you very much! :tut:)

(...still places available - nba@ukpinball.com to book :thumbs:)
Regards,
Dan.

Excellent, pet hate of mine that greasy Flipper buttons :(

What difference does it make?!? - just come to the lock-in & have pizza...your food will be within arms reach of a pinball machine :p
(though I will be providing hand-wipes....we'll have no pizza covered lock-down bars or flipper buttons thank-you very much! :tut:)

(...still places available - nba@ukpinball.com to book :thumbs:)
Regards,
Dan.

Yuk, hadn't thought of that the armour on my HOOK is newly painted for the show.

Nice one looking forward to it. As a matter of interest are you doing a massive order at Dominoes or such like? I'd like to see that guy tootling up the road on his moped :)

Lol - yes, it's Dominos, and I organise it over a week in advance...imagine the waiting time if I just rang them up at 8pm on a Saturday night & ordered pizza for 100 :rofl:
Not sure how they do it, but it was all toasty hot & ready at the same time last year...no guy on a moped though - I have to go & pick it up :(

Regards,
Dan.

Just incase you need the food Hall this is the best,fastest and safest route. When is the lock in and who can come?

Attachments

• sketch-1443546828889.jpg
    sketch-1443546828889.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom