What's new

Wanted CEN-U45 transistors

paddythegreek

Site Supporter
Alias
Ken
Need 2 of these if anyone has a couple to sell. Gottlieb sys 80 driver bd. Mouser has them and was gonna buy 10 but shipping is £16 and I don’t really wanna sell a kidney at my time of life. Thanks Ken

1706275968712.png

Don’t think a 102 has enough power anyway to be used as a substitute. u45 has a bit more oomph

Copied this from a site.

From what I've read, it's not possible. The DC current gain of a MPS-U45 is much higher and thats why you can drive them directly with a TTL output. It isn't capable of driving a TIP102 into saturation, and it doesn't get fully switched. The lamp or coil isn't fully driven and the transistor can get hot, and burn....1

Copied this from a site.

From what I've read, it's not possible. The DC current gain of a MPS-U45 is much higher and thats why you can drive them directly with a TTL output. It isn't capable of driving a TIP102 into saturation, and it doesn't get fully switched. The lamp or coil isn't fully driven and the transistor can get hot, and burn....1
Fair enough - I just pulled the spec - massive current gain, but such a low Amp rating???

Back
Top Bottom