What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted CEN-U45 transistors

paddythegreek

Site Supporter
Alias
Ken
Need 2 of these if anyone has a couple to sell. Gottlieb sys 80 driver bd. Mouser has them and was gonna buy 10 but shipping is £16 and I don’t really wanna sell a kidney at my time of life. Thanks Ken

1706275968712.png

Don’t think a 102 has enough power anyway to be used as a substitute. u45 has a bit more oomph

Copied this from a site.

From what I've read, it's not possible. The DC current gain of a MPS-U45 is much higher and thats why you can drive them directly with a TTL output. It isn't capable of driving a TIP102 into saturation, and it doesn't get fully switched. The lamp or coil isn't fully driven and the transistor can get hot, and burn....1

Copied this from a site.

From what I've read, it's not possible. The DC current gain of a MPS-U45 is much higher and thats why you can drive them directly with a TTL output. It isn't capable of driving a TIP102 into saturation, and it doesn't get fully switched. The lamp or coil isn't fully driven and the transistor can get hot, and burn....1
Fair enough - I just pulled the spec - massive current gain, but such a low Amp rating???

Back
Top Bottom