What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you store one pin under another?

ronsplooter

Site Supporter
Alias
Chris
Pretty much as the title, does one pin fit under another? Or can you fit one under 2 or 3 slid in lengthways from the side? I'm talking about B/W 90's pins....in theory ;)

Pretty much as the title, does one pin fit under another? Or can you fit one under 2 or 3 slid in lengthways from the side? I'm talking about B/W 90's pins....in theory ;)

I'd been keen to know that as well, I've got 2 pins coming and no room at all!! Oh dear slight oversight on my part;-)

Sadly they don't fit. But I can confirm that if you stick them on their end then they get totally in the way but you still won't want to sell the buggers.:doh:

Now where's my Tardis? Can't start building the shed until Spring and the wife's made it clear that the living room is not a viable pin space - boo.....

Sadly they don't fit. But I can confirm that if you stick them on their end then they get totally in the way but you still won't want to sell the buggers.:doh:

Now where's my Tardis? Can't start building the shed until Spring and the wife's made it clear that the living room is not a viable pin space - boo.....

The thing is with wives, is they've got no vision!! Ha ha

They don't fit. Even with backbox removed they don't completely slide underneath - the cab rises too much at the back. Now if it is an older game, an EM etc you would be in business ;)

In the pre GrizZ Shack days when I had only room for 2 or 3 setup, but often had 4 or 5 to deal with I would slide them under as much as poss with backbox still up - not perfect but takes up less floor space than sat folded up. Like this .....

f14 2 008.jpg

Or this ... with a friend of mine demonstrating its useful function as a lean post, and a beer holder :D

f14 2 026.jpg

Of course now with the GrizZ Shack I have space for 8 setup, but regularly have 9 or 10 fighting it out for space :rolleyez: Oh god.... will it never stop

LW3 lived under a couple of pins when it came for it's year long stay... It had the back box removed and I placed a wedge under the front (therefore raising it) to help lower the top of the back of the cabinet so it would fit under... It may have helped that it went under Spirit and Genesis - both gottliebs and generally known for high rear (31") legs... Nothing to stop you guys from raising your pins slightly so you can fit another cab or two under them... :eyebrows:

I have been looking at raising mine to do something similar but am going to try to show some will power and not buy another one just yet.

I agree about the lack of vision from the missus. TAF was in the living room for under a month and it worked out well but she saw it differently. Now she points out that a 3rd machine in my man cave would mean the fridge doesn't open properly, why is that such a big deal to them?

Back
Top Bottom